Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: TENNESSEE
Welcome to Tennessee! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Tennessee. Explore a map of Tennessee, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Tennessee zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Called the "Volunteer State," Tennessee became the 16th state of the Union in 1796. It was the first territory admitted as a state under the federal Constitution. Before statehood, it was known as the Territory South of the River Ohio. The name Tennessee is derived from the name of a Cherokee village, Tanasi. Today, the capital, Nashville, is known as a center for country music. Memphis, the largest city in the state, is the place where Elvis Presley first began his legendary musical career. The state flower is the iris. ...Read more here: Tennessee - The Volunteer State
- Capital City:
- Volunteer State
- Agriculture and Commerce
- June 1, 1796 (16th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named after Cherokee Indian villages called "Tanasi"
- Largest Cities:
- Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville,Chattanooga, Clarksville
- Border States:
- Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Virginia
- Land Area:
- 41,220 sq. mi., 34th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Iris (iridaceae)
- State Tree:
- Tulip poplar (liriodendron tulipifera)
- State Songs:
- The Tennessee Waltz Tennessee, My Home and Tennessee When It's Iris Time in Tennessee My Tennessee Rocky Top
Featured Community Websites in Tennessee
Real Estate & Home Values in Tennessee
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 2806 Hatteras Ct Murfreesboro, TN
- 2260 Alexander Blvd Murfreesboro, TN
- 4616 Billingsgate Rd Antioch, TN
- 2275 Monthemer Cv Mount Juliet, TN
- 2708 Ormond St Murfreesboro, TN
- 4014 Omaha Ct Mount Juliet, TN
- 6376 Daybreak Dr Bartlett, TN
- 631 Peyton Cir Memphis, TN
- 4806 Marlin Ave Memphis, TN
- 4792 Marlin Ave Memphis, TN
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Tennessee
Find A School
Browse all 1726 Schools in Tennessee
- North Side Elementary School
- (423) 928-5861
- 1000 N Roan St
- Johnson City, TN 37601
- Russellville Elementary School
- (423) 586-6560
- 5655 Old Russellville Pk
- Russellville, TN 37860
- Collinwood Middle School
- (931) 724-9510
- 300 4th Avenue North
- Collinwood, TN 38450
- Smith County Middle School
- (615) 735-8277
- 134 Smith Co Middle Sch La
- Carthage, TN 37030
- Campbell County Comprehensive High School
- (423) 562-8308
- 150 Cougar La
- Jacksboro, TN 37757
- Rossview High School
- (931) 553-2070
- 1237 Rossview Rd
- Clarksville, TN 37043
Sex Offender Information for Tennessee
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Tennessee, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.ticic.state.tn.us/sorinternet/sosearch.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: