I just talked to our President (Art Gandy) today Feburary 14, 2008 and asked him about the issue with Section C not being... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MISSISSIPPI
Welcome to Mississippi! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Mississippi. Explore a map of Mississippi, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Mississippi zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Spelling the name of this state out loud is a catchy way to remember it, and a way to make sure you spell it correctly. The name "Mississippi" comes from an Indian word meaning "great waters" or "father of waters." Mississippi entered the Union as the 20th state in 1817. Considered part of the Deep South, Mississippi, with its rich soil and many rivers, is an agricultural state. The state flower is the fragrant magnolia blossom, and the capital is Jackson. ...Read more here: Mississippi - The Magnolia State
- Capital City:
- Magnolia State
- Virtute et Armis (By valor and arms)
- December 10, 1817 (20th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Possible based on Chippewa Indian words "mici zibi," loosely meaning "great river" or "gathering in of all water"
- Largest Cities:
- Jackson, Biloxi, Greenville, Hattiesburg, Gulfport
- Border States:
- Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee
- Land Area:
- 46,914 sq. mi.; 31st largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Magnolia (magnolia grandiflora)
- State Tree:
- Magnolia ( magnolia grandiflora)
- State Song:
- Go Mis-sis-sip-pi
Featured Community Websites in Mississippi
- Bell Ridge Homeowners Association
- Forest Park Neighborhood Association
- Greenbrook Neighborhood Association
- Heatherwood Area Homeowners Association
- Highland Cove Community Homeowners Assoc.
- Kamper/Avenues Neighborhood Association
- McLeod Community Association
- Northwood Hills POA
- St. Andrews Subdivision
- The Enclave of Oxford
Real Estate & Home Values in Mississippi
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find All Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Hernando, MS
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Mississippi
Find A School
Browse all 1065 Schools in Mississippi
- Bradley Elementary School
- (601) 987-3507
- 2601 Ivanhoe Drive
- Jackson, MS 39213
- Brooks Elementary
- (662) 398-4060
- 615 School Street
- Duncan, MS 38740
- Stone Middle School
- (601) 928-4876
- 532 E Central Ave.
- Wiggins, MS 39577
- Houston Middle School
- (662) 456-5174
- 632 A Starkville Road
- Houston, MS 38851
- Monroe Co Voc Tech
- (662) 369-7845
- 50057 Airport Road
- Aberdeen, MS 39730
- Morton High School
- (601) 732-6210
- 238 East Fourth Avenue
- Morton, MS 39117
Sex Offender Information for Mississippi
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Mississippi, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sor.mdps.state.ms.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: