Hello, I just accepted a job and will be moving to your area. I am desiring to live in a middle to middle-upper class area of... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: VIRGINIA
Welcome to Virginia! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Virginia. Explore a map of Virginia, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Virginia zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The Virginia Company founded the first permanent English colony at Jamestown in 1607. One of the original 13 states (it entered the Union in 1788), Virginia was named for Elizabeth I, the Virgin Queen of England. Virginia holds an important place in American history, as it was home to many of the founding fathers, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, George Mason, and Patrick Henry. Four of America's first five presidents were Virginians. During the Civil War, Richmond, Virginia's capital, was the capital of the Confederacy. Today, Virginia is a popular tourist spot where people can visit historic places such as Alexandria, Williamsburg, and Mount Vernon, George Washington's estate. Dogwood is the state flower and the cardinal is the state bird of the "Old Dominion." ...Read more here: Virginia - The Old Dominion State
- Capital City:
- Old Dominion
- Sic Semper Tyrannis (Thus Always to Tyrants)
- June 25, 1788 (10th)
- Origin of state's name:
- Named for England's "Virgin Queen," Elizabeth I
- Largest Cities:
- Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Richmond, Chesapeake, Newport News
- Border States:
- Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina,Tennessee, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 39,598 sq. mi., 37th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Dogwood (cornus florida)
- State Tree:
- Dogwood (cornus florida)
- State Song:
- Carry Me back to Old Virginny
Featured Community Websites in Virginia
Real Estate & Home Values in Virginia
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Virginia Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 9201 Honey Creeper Ct Burke, VA
- 7100 Laketree Ct Fairfax Station, VA
- 3915 Colony Ct Roanoke, VA
- 3312 Wyndale Ct Woodbridge, VA
- 3081 Chinkapin Oak Ln Woodbridge, VA
- 3714 Carriage House Ct Alexandria, VA
- 2726 Harrell Ave Norfolk, VA
- 7800 Nancy Dr Norfolk, VA
- 7427 Pebble Lake Dr Mechanicsville, VA
- 1205 Lake Kennedy Dr Suffolk, VA
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Virginia
Find A School
Browse all 2114 Schools in Virginia
- Ocean View Elem.
- (757) 531-3105
- 9501 Mason Creek Rd
- Norfolk, VA 23503
- W. Townes Lea Elem.
- (434) 799-6423
- 439 Cedarbrook Dr
- Danville, VA 24541
- Tabb Middle
- (757) 898-0320
- 300 Yorktown Rd
- Yorktown, VA 23693
- Oak Knoll Middle
- (804) 365-4740
- 10295 Chamberlayne Rd.
- Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Jamestown High
- (757) 259-3600
- 3751 John Tyler Hwy
- Williamsburg, VA 23135
- Nelson County High
- (434) 263-8317
- 6919 Thomas Nelson Hwy
- Lovingston, VA 22949
Sex Offender Information for Virginia
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Virginia, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/index.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: