Hello, I just accepted a job and will be moving to your area. I am desiring to live in a middle to middle-upper class area of... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: VIRGINIA
Welcome to Virginia! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Virginia. Explore a map of Virginia, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Virginia zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The Virginia Company founded the first permanent English colony at Jamestown in 1607. One of the original 13 states (it entered the Union in 1788), Virginia was named for Elizabeth I, the Virgin Queen of England. Virginia holds an important place in American history, as it was home to many of the founding fathers, including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, George Mason, and Patrick Henry. Four of America's first five presidents were Virginians. During the Civil War, Richmond, Virginia's capital, was the capital of the Confederacy. Today, Virginia is a popular tourist spot where people can visit historic places such as Alexandria, Williamsburg, and Mount Vernon, George Washington's estate. Dogwood is the state flower and the cardinal is the state bird of the "Old Dominion." ...Read more here: Virginia - The Old Dominion State
- Capital City:
- Old Dominion
- Sic Semper Tyrannis (Thus Always to Tyrants)
- June 25, 1788 (10th)
- Origin of state's name:
- Named for England's "Virgin Queen," Elizabeth I
- Largest Cities:
- Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Richmond, Chesapeake, Newport News
- Border States:
- Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina,Tennessee, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 39,598 sq. mi., 37th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Dogwood (cornus florida)
- State Tree:
- Dogwood (cornus florida)
- State Song:
- Carry Me back to Old Virginny
Featured Community Websites in Virginia
Real Estate & Home Values in Virginia
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Virginia Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 416 Sioux Rd Bristol, VA
- 7024 Little Thames Dr Gainesville, VA
- 4 Lantern Cir Newport News, VA
- 6304 Cardinal Hill Pl Springfield, VA
- 7126 Hamor Ln Springfield, VA
- 4005 Frederick Farms Ct Midlothian, VA
- 12946 Mountain Rd Lovettsville, VA
- 364 Windsor Ln Winchester, VA
- 6928 Hamilton Ct Lorton, VA
- 4508 Sawgrass Ct Alexandria, VA
- Dallas, TX
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Virginia
Find A School
Browse all 2114 Schools in Virginia
- W. E. Cundiff Elem.
- (540) 857-5009
- 1200 Hardy Rd
- Vinton, VA 24179
- Cedar Road Elementary
- (757) 547-0166
- 1605 Cedar Rd
- Chesapeake, VA 23322
- Martinsville Middle School
- (276) 403-5886
- 201 Brown St
- Martinsville, VA 24112
- Francis W. Jones Magnet Middle
- (757) 850-7900
- 1819 Nickerson Blvd
- Hampton, VA 23663
- Freeman High
- (804) 673-3700
- 8701 Three Chopt Rd
- Richmond, VA 23229
- Open High
- (804) 780-4661
- 600 S Pine St
- Richmond, VA 23220
Sex Offender Information for Virginia
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Virginia, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/index.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: