For those of you who were asking... The meeting started with a lengthy discussion about security and the recent burglaries, as... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: ALABAMA
Welcome to Alabama! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Alabama. Explore a map of Alabama, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Alabama zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Known as the Heart of Dixie, Alabama became the 22nd state in 1819. The name Alabama is derived from an Indian word meaning "thicket clearers." Alabama has been at the center of many American battles--between white settlers and Native Americans, and between the North and South in the Civil War. The state also is home to the first of three Space Camps in the United States. These camps let kids experience what it would be like to be in outer space. The capital is Montgomery, and state flower is the camellia. ...Read more here: Alabama - The Heart of Dixie
- Capital City:
- Heart of Dixie / Cotton State
- Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere(We Dare Defend Our Rights)
- December 14, 1819 (22nd)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Means "tribal town" in Creek Indian language.
- Largest Cities:
- Birmingham, Mobile, Montgomery, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa
- Border States:
- Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee
- Land Area:
- 50,750 sq. mi., 28th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- State Tree:
- Southern Pine (pinus palustris)
- State Song:
Featured Community Websites in Alabama
Real Estate & Home Values in Alabama
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 6562 Southern Trace Dr Leeds, AL
- 108 Sweet Hollow Way Nw Madison, AL
- 116 Sweet Hollow Way Nw Madison, AL
- 222 General Gorgas Dr Brierfield, AL
- 1312 Forest Dell Rd Mobile, AL
- 4042 Wellington Way Moody, AL
- 2165 Brittany Dr Mobile, AL
- 2185 Brittany Dr Mobile, AL
- 8425 Brittany Ct Mobile, AL
- 2150 Brittany Dr Mobile, AL
- Elmore County, AL
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Alabama
Find A School
Browse all 1609 Schools in Alabama
- Kinterbish Junior High School
- (205) 392-4559
- 5586 Kinterbish 10
- Cuba, AL 36907
- Brewbaker Primary School
- (334) 284-8005
- 4445 Brewbaker Dr
- Montgomery, AL 36116
- Moorer Middle School
- (334) 687-1130
- 101 St Francis Rd
- Eufaula, AL 36027
- We Putnam Middle School Magnet
- (205) 231-8680
- 1757 Montclair Rd
- Birmingham, AL 35210
- Chelsea High School
- (205) 682-7200
- 10510 Highway 11
- Chelsea, AL 35043
- Samson High School
- (334) 898-2371
- 209 N Broad St
- Samson, AL 36477
Sex Offender Information for Alabama
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Alabama, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://community.dps.state.al.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: