We heard there is an annual neighborhood garage sale and would like to participate. When does it normally happen? Is there... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: ARKANSAS
Welcome to Arkansas! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Arkansas. Explore a map of Arkansas, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Arkansas zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Nicknamed the "Land of Opportunity," Arkansas, which joined the Union in 1836, was the 25th state. The early French explorers of the state gave it its name, which is probably a phonetic spelling for the French word for "downriver" people, a reference to the Quapaw Indians and the river along which they settled. Arkansas is the only state in which diamonds have been mined, although today the mine operates only as a tourist attraction. The state flower is the apple blossom. ...Read more here: Arkansas - The Land of Opportunity
- Capital City:
- Little Rock
- The Natural State / Land of Opportunity / Wonder State
- Regnat Populus (The people rule)
- June 15, 1836 (25th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- French interpretation of a Sioux word "acansa," meaning "downstream place."
- Largest Cities:
- Little Rock, Fort Smith, North Little Rock, Pine Bluff, Jonesboro
- Border States:
- Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas
- Land Area:
- 52,075 sq. mi.; 27th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Apple blossom
- State Tree:
- Pine (pinus)
- State Songs:
- Arkansas / Oh, Arkansas
Featured Community Websites in Arkansas
Real Estate & Home Values in Arkansas
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 4359 W Putting Green Dr Fayetteville, AR
- 4 Caney Ln Conway, AR
- 289 Arlington Park Dr Hot Springs, AR
- 298 Arlington Park Dr Hot Springs, AR
- 305 Parkway Dr White Hall, AR
- 607 S Redding St West Memphis, AR
- 121 Billy Ln Jacksonville, AR
- 27 Redbird Ln Jacksonville, AR
- 82 W Windsor Dr Little Rock, AR
- 609 Elm St Leslie, AR
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Arkansas
Find A School
Browse all 1174 Schools in Arkansas
- Mansfield Elementary School
- (479) 928-4866
- 101 N. Walnut Ave.
- Mansfield, AR 72944
- Sheridan Intermediate School
- (870) 942-7488
- 1101 Skyline
- Sheridan, AR 72150
- Hot Springs Middle School
- (501) 624-5228
- 700 Main
- Hot Springs, AR 71913
- Joe T. Robinson Middle School
- (501) 868-2410
- 21001 Hwy. 10
- Little Rock, AR 72223
- Fourche Valley High School
- (479) 299-6200
- 18148 W Hwy 28
- Briggsville, AR 72828
- Bismarck High School
- (501) 865-4888
- 11636 Hwy. 84
- Bismarck, AR 71929
Sex Offender Information for Arkansas
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Arkansas, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.acic.org. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: