Looking to get your yard renovated? Look no further. Check us out at www.hardscapesbytheyard.com or find us on Facebook. Just... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: GEORGIA
Welcome to Georgia! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Georgia. Explore a map of Georgia, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Georgia zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Known today as the "Peach State," Georgia, founded in 1733, is one of the original 13 states. It was named in honor of England's King George II. During the Civil War, the fall of Atlanta was a crucial turning point in the defeat of the South. Today, Atlanta, which became Georgia's capital in 1868, is a thriving city with major national corporations, and it is considered the economic and cultural center of the Southeast. The state flower is the Cherokee rose. ...Read more here: Georgia - The Peach State
- Capital City:
- Peach State / Goober state/ Empire State of the South
- Wisdom, justice, and moderation
- January 2, 1788 (4th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named for King George II of England.
- Largest Cities:
- Atlanta, Columbus, Savannah, Macon, Albany
- Border States:
- Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- Land Area:
- 57,919 sq. mi.; 21st largest
- State Bird:
- Brown Thrasher
- State Flower:
- Cherokee Rose (rosa laevigata)
- State Tree:
- Live oak (quercus virginiana)
- State Song:
- Georgia on My Mind
Featured Community Websites in Georgia
Real Estate & Home Values in Georgia
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search Foreclosures In Your Area
- Georgia Apartments
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 48 Cloudcrest Dr Rossville, GA
- 6153 Forest Hills Dr Norcross, GA
- 4489 Ridge Pine Dr Evans, GA
- 1192 Garnet School Rd Dahlonega, GA
- 16 Huntington Ct White, GA
- 15 Huntington Ct White, GA
- 26 Centerport Dr White, GA
- 28 Centerport Dr White, GA
- 4240 Hillsborough Dr Snellville, GA
- 2915 Stanway Ave Douglasville, GA
- Naked Truth Ministries
- Memphis TN 38109
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Georgia
Find A School
Browse all 2524 Schools in Georgia
- Spring Place Elementary School
- (706) 695-2525
- 2795 Leonard Bridge Road
- Chatsworth, GA 30705
- Danforth Primary School
- (478) 751-6727
- 1301 Shurling Drive
- Macon, GA 31211
- Bunche Middle School
- (404) 346-2503
- 1925 Niskey Lake Road, Sw
- Atlanta, GA 30331
- Ware County Middle School
- (912) 287-2341
- 2301 Cherokee Street
- Waycross, GA 31503
- Oglethorpe County High School
- (706) 743-8124
- 749 Athens Road
- Lexington, GA 30648
- Hancock Central High School
- (706) 444-7009
- Highway 15, Rr 2, Box 454 C
- Sparta, GA 31087
Sex Offender Information for Georgia
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Georgia, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.ganet.org/gbi/sorsch.cgi. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: