I am looking for a friend to let them know of a family member health issue. Her name is Michele Fisher. She has 2 children... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: KENTUCKY
Welcome to Kentucky! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Kentucky. Explore a map of Kentucky, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Kentucky zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Daniel Boone and other frontiersmen settled in Kentucky, the "Bluegrass State," in 1769. Its name comes from the Iroquois Indian word "Ken-tah-ten," or "land of tomorrow." Admitted into the Union in 1792, Kentucky is the 15th state and the first state west of the Appalachian Mountains. Today, Kentucky is associated with coal mines and horse farms and racing. America's most prestigious horse race, the Kentucky Derby, is held in Louisville annually. The state flower is the goldenrod, the cardinal is the state bird and Frankfort is the capital. ...Read more here: Kentucky - The Bluegrass State
- Capital City:
- Bluegrass State
- United we stand, divided we fall
- June 1, 1792 (15th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on the Iroquois Indian word "Ken-tah-ten," meaning "land of tomorrow." or "dark and bloody ground"
- Largest City:
- Border States:
- Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 39,732 sq. mi.; 36th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Goldenrod (solidago altissima)
- State Tree:
- Tulip Poplar
- State Songs:
- My Old Kentucky HomeBlue Moon of Kentucky (bluegrass song)
Featured Community Websites in Kentucky
- City of Bellemeade
- City of Graymoor-Devondale
- City of Woodlawn Park
- Clifton Community Council
- Little Spring Farm Neighborhood
- Louisville Process Theology Network
- Schnitzelburg Area Council - LINC
- Shawnee Neighborhood Association
- Sunshine Acres Neighborhood Association (SANA) 100% Voluntary
- West St. Catherine Neighborhood Association
Real Estate & Home Values in Kentucky
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 309 Mount Carmel Ave Flemingsburg, KY
- 138 Indian Creek Dr Covington, KY
- 2248 Toler Crk Harold, KY
- 3320 Radiance Rd Louisville, KY
- 1903 Dillon Dr Louisville, KY
- 1925 Emerson Ave Louisville, KY
- 8512 William Cummins Ct Louisville, KY
- 3331 Breaux Dr Louisville, KY
- 3111 Mcmahan Blvd Louisville, KY
- 8107 Eagles Crest Ct Louisville, KY
- Karen R.
The Ballast Point Neighborhood Association will meet this Thursdayevening, June 4, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Joe Abrahams... more
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Kentucky
Find A School
Browse all 1491 Schools in Kentucky
- W D Osborne Elementary School
- (606) 452-2131
- 43 Osborne Branch Rd
- Bevinsville, KY 41606
- Eastern Elementary School
- (502) 863-0275
- 3407 Newtown Rd
- Georgetown, KY 40324
- Green County Middle School
- (270) 932-7773
- 106 Brummal Ave
- Greensburg, KY 42743
- Lebanon Middle School
- (270) 692-3441
- 200 Corporate Drive
- Lebanon, KY 40033
- East Carter County High School
- (606) 474-5714
- 405 Hitchins Rd
- Grayson, KY 41143
- Gateway Academy High School
- (270) 328-4828
- 1115 Houseman St
- Mayfield, KY 42066
Sex Offender Information for Kentucky
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Kentucky, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://kspsor.state.ky.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: