When should we have the next neighborhood garage sale? We are more sucessful individually when we all do it on the same... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MISSOURI
Welcome to Missouri! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Missouri. Explore a map of Missouri, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Missouri zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Missouri is called the "Show Me State," because its people have a reputation for believing only what they see. Its name is an Algonquin Indian term meaning "river of the big canoes." Originally home to a number of Indian tribes, the state entered the Union in 1821. Today, more than half the population lives in Missouri's two major cities--Kansas City and St. Louis. The dogwood is the state tree, the bluebird is the state bird and the capital is Jefferson City. ...Read more here: Missouri - The Show Me State
- Capital City:
- Jefferson City
- Show Me State
- Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto (The Welfare of the People Shall Be the Supreme Law)
- August 10, 1821 (24th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named after Algonquin Indian term meaning "river of the big canoes."
- Largest Cities:
- Kansas City, Saint Louis, Springfield, Independence, Columbia
- Border States:
- Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee
- Land Area:
- 68,898 sq. mi., 18th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Hawthorn (crataegus)
- State Tree:
- American Dogwood (cornus florida)
- State Song:
- Missouri Waltz
Featured Community Websites in Missouri
Real Estate & Home Values in Missouri
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Missouri Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 4520 Nw 57th St Kansas City, MO
- 5243 Franklin Dr Kansas City, MO
- 693 Rustic Valley Dr Ballwin, MO
- 916 Zohner Ct Florissant, MO
- 6309 N Quincy Ave Kansas City, MO
- 6305 N Quincy Ave Kansas City, MO
- 14491 Soho Dr Florissant, MO
- 595 Golfwood Dr Ballwin, MO
- 207 Bitterwood Dr Ballwin, MO
- 2011 Cedarwood Dr Merriam Woods Village, MO
- Dallas, TX
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Missouri
Find A School
Browse all 2374 Schools in Missouri
- Sullivan Elem.
- (573) 468-5196
- 104 W Washington
- Sullivan, MO 63080
- Boone Trail Elem.
- (636) 327-3830
- 555 E Hwy N
- Wentzville, MO 63385
- Lathrop Middle
- (816) 528-7700
- 700 Center
- Lathrop, MO 64465
- Pleasant Hill Middle
- (816) 540-2149
- 1301 Myrtle
- Pleasant Hill, MO 64080
- Brookfield Area Career Ctr.
- (660) 258-2682
- 122 Pershing Rd
- Brookfield, MO 64628
- Morgan Co. High
- (573) 378-4697
- 913 W Newton
- Versailles, MO 65084
Sex Offender Information for Missouri
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Missouri, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/SORPage.html. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: