I've called both places the board recommended for our showers...one didn't return my call, the other in Astoria quoted me... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: SOUTH DAKOTA
Welcome to South Dakota! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of South Dakota. Explore a map of South Dakota, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of South Dakota zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
South Dakota Profile
A Great Plains state, South Dakota was named for the Dakota division of the Sioux Indians, and is known as the Coyote State. Admitted simultaneously with North Dakota after the Dakota Territory was divided along the 46th parallel, South Dakota is mainly a rural state. Today, just less than 10 percent of its population is American Indian. South Dakota is known for two monumental sculptures carved into the Black Hills--Mount Rushmore, which honors presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt, and the Crazy Horse Monument, still under construction, which honors the Oglala Sioux war chief. The state flower is the pasqueflower, also called the May Day flower; its blooming is one of the first signs of spring in South Dakota. ...Read more here: South Dakota - The Coyote State
- Capital City:
- Pierre (Pronounced Peer)
- Mt. Rushmore State / Coyote State
- Under God the People Rule.
- November 2, 1889 (39th or 40th -- Admitted the same day as ND.)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Dakota is a Sioux Indian word for "friend."
- Largest Cities:
- Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Aberdeen, Watertown, Brookings
- Border States:
- Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Wyoming
- Land Area:
- 75,898 sq. mi., 16th largest
- State Bird:
- Ring-necked Pheasant
- State Flower:
- Pasqueflower (pulsatilla hirsutissima)
- State Tree:
- Black Hills Spruce (picea glauca)
- State Song:
- Hail, South Dakota
Featured Community Websites in South Dakota
Real Estate & Home Values in South Dakota
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 1108 N Lawler St Mitchell, SD
- 230 Windflower Bnd Dakota Dunes, SD
- 11313 Rock Ridge Ln Belle Fourche, SD
- 11313 Rock Ridge Ln Belle Fourche, SD
- 5417 W Oak St Sioux Falls, SD
- 400 S Ottowa St Iroquois, SD
- 207 N Washington St Viborg, SD
- 505 N Wayland Ave Sioux Falls, SD
- 315 N French Ave Sioux Falls, SD
- 623 N Nesmith Ave Sioux Falls, SD
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in South Dakota
South Dakota Schools
Find A School
Browse all 750 Schools in South Dakota
- Leola Elementary
- (605) 439-3477
- 820 Leola Ave
- Leola, SD 57456
- Mckinley Elementary
- (605) 773-7380
- 716 E Dakota Ave
- Pierre, SD 57501
- Bonesteel Fairfax Jr Hi
- (605) 654-2314
- 410 Birdsell Street
- Bonesteel, SD 57317
- Hamlin Jr Hi
- (605) 783-3631
- 44577 188th St
- Hayti, SD 57241
- Freeman Hi Sch
- (605) 925-4214
- 1001 S Wipf St
- Freeman, SD 57029
- Madison Hi Sch
- (605) 256-7706
- 800 Ne 9th St
- Madison, SD 57042
Sex Offender Information for South Dakota
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In South Dakota, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dci.sd.gov/administration/id/sexoffender/index.asp. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: