List your concerns regarding our neighborhood, including architectural items, violations of covenants, etc. You may post... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MINNESOTA
Welcome to Minnesota! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Minnesota. Explore a map of Minnesota, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Minnesota zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The "Land of 10,000 Lakes," Minnesota got its nickname because there are more than 12,000 lakes throughout the state. Its name comes from the Dakota (Sioux) word for the Minnesota River's "sky-tinted waters." The Minnesota Territory was formed in 1849 from what had been part of the Northwest Territory, and Minnesota joined the Union in 1858. The state flower is the pink and white lady's slipper, and the capital is St. Paul. ...Read more here: Minnesota - The Land of 10,000 Lakes
- Capital City:
- St. Paul
- North Star State / Gopher State / Bread and Butter State
- L'Etoile du Nord (The star of the north.)
- May 11, 1858 (32th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on the Dakota Sioux Indian word for "sky-tinted water," referring to the Minnesota River or the state's many lakes.
- Largest Cities:
- Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Bloomington, Duluth, Rochester
- Border States:
- Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Land Area:
- 79,617 sq. mi., 14th largest
- State Bird:
- Common Loon
- State Flower:
- Pink and white lady's-slipper (cypripedium reginae)
- State Tree:
- Red Pine (pinus resinosa)
- State Song:
- Hail! Minnesota
Featured Community Websites in Minnesota
- Columbia Park Neighborhood Association
- Elmwood Neighborhood
- Field Regina Northrop Neighborhood Group
- Grey Cloud Island Township
- Lind-Bohanon Neighborhood Association
- Payne-Phalen District 5 Planning Council
- Rolling Meadows
- Shingle Creek Neighborhood Assn.
- Sorensen Neighborhood
- Tana Ridge Homeowners' Association
Real Estate & Home Values in Minnesota
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Minnesota Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
Largest Cities in Minnesota
Find A School
Browse all 2774 Schools in Minnesota
- Marble Elementary
- (218) 247-7306
- 300 South Avenue
- Marble, MN 55764
- Bagley Elementary
- (218) 694-6528
- 202 Bagley Avenue Nw
- Bagley, MN 56621
- Folwell Middle School
- (612) 668-4550
- 3611 20th Avenue S
- Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Shakopee Junior High
- (952) 496-5752
- 1137 Marschall Road S
- Shakopee, MN 55379
- Mabel Canton Secondary
- (507) 493-5422
- 316 W Fillmore Avenue
- Mabel, MN 55954
- Recovery Plus
- (320) 251-8811
- 1406 6th Avenue N
- St. Cloud, MN 56301
Sex Offender Information for Minnesota
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Minnesota, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dps.state.mn.us/bca/Invest/Documents/Page-07.html. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: