Did you get my... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: IOWA
Welcome to Iowa! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Iowa. Explore a map of Iowa, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Iowa zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Although it is sometimes called the "Corn State," Iowa really is a breadbasket for the U.S., with 90 percent of its land devoted to farming. The main products are corn and hogs. Named for the Iowa River, which was named for the Iowa, or Ioway, Indians, Iowa joined the Union in 1846 as the 29th state. The wild rose is the state flower and the capital is Des Moines. ...Read more here: Iowa - The Corn State
- Capital City:
- Des Moines
- Hawkeye State / Corn State
- Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.
- December 28, 1846 (29th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- From the Dakota Indian word "Ayuhwa," meaning "sleepy ones," referring to a tribe living in that area
- Largest Cities:
- Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo
- Border States:
- Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Land Area:
- 55,875 sq. mi.; 23rdlargest
- State Bird:
- Eastern Goldfinch
- State Flower:
- Wild Prairie Rose (rosa pratincola)
- State Tree:
- Oak (quercus)
- State Song:
- The Song of Iowa
Featured Community Websites in Iowa
Real Estate & Home Values in Iowa
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Muscatine, IA
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Iowa
Find A School
Browse all 1566 Schools in Iowa
- Creston Early Childhood Center
- (641) 782-2724
- 901 N Elm St
- Creston, IA 50801
- Cooper Elementary School
- (515) 574-5602
- 2420 14th Avenue North
- Fort Dodge, IA 50501
- Eldora New Providence Middle School
- (641) 939-2599
- 1100 12th Ave
- Eldora, IA 50627
- Central Middle School
- (563) 659-0735
- 1010 4th Ave East
- De Witt, IA 52742
- Marcus Meriden Cleghorn Community High School
- (712) 376-4172
- 400 E Fenton St
- Marcus, IA 51035
- North High School
- (515) 242-7200
- 501 Holcomb Ave
- Des Moines, IA 50313
Sex Offender Information for Iowa
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Iowa, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.iowasexoffender.com/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: