When: May 16, 2015 Time: 8am - 1pm Get your things ready for... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MONTANA
Welcome to Montana! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Montana. Explore a map of Montana, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Montana zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Montana is known as "Big Sky Country". The members of the Lewis and Clark expedition were the first white explorers known to have set foot in Montana. It joined the United States in 1889 as the 41st state. The name Montana comes from the Spanish word Montana, meaning "mountainous," although the eastern part of the state consists of gently rolling pastureland. The Anaconda Company had a stranglehold on the state's copper industry for about 100 years, but today Montana is known as a tourist destination for those drawn to its many trout streams and wide open spaces. Its capital is Helena and the state flower is the bitterroot. ...Read more here: Montana - The Treasure State
- Capital City:
- Treasure State
- Oro y Plata (Gold and Silver)
- November 8,1889 (41st)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on Latin or Spanish word for "mountainous"
- Largest Cities:
- Billings, Great Falls, Butte, Missoula, Helena
- Border States:
- Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming
- Land Area:
- 145,556 sq. mi., 4th largest
- State Bird:
- Western Meadowlark
- State Flower:
- Bitterroot (lewisia rediviva)
- State Tree:
- Ponderosa pine (pinus ponderosa)
- State Song:
Featured Community Websites in Montana
Real Estate & Home Values in Montana
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 19 Pine Cone Ln Kalispell, MT
- 3015 Westfield Dr Billings, MT
- 3203 Westfield Dr Billings, MT
- 3109 Westfield Dr Billings, MT
- 3103 Westfield Dr Billings, MT
- 4841 Hazelnut Ave Billings, MT
- 4841 Hazelnut Ave Billings, MT
- 71 N Shore Dr Apt 2 Belgrade, MT
- 81 N Shore Dr Apt 12 Belgrade, MT
- 81 N Shore Dr Belgrade, MT
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Montana
Find A School
Browse all 867 Schools in Montana
- Lodge Pole School
- (406) 673-3220
- Off Hwy 66, 123 Gros Ventre
- Hays, MT 59527
- Opheim School
- (406) 762-3214
- 100 Rock St
- Opheim, MT 59250
- Box Elder 7 8
- (406) 352-4195
- Main Street
- Box Elder, MT 59521
- Bridger 7 8
- (406) 662-3588
- 106 North 4th Street
- Bridger, MT 59014
- Nashua High School
- (406) 746-3411
- 222 Mabel
- Nashua, MT 59248
- Westby High School
- (406) 385-2258
- 101 5th Ave East
- Westby, MT 59275
Sex Offender Information for Montana
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Montana, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://doj.mt.gov/svor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: