Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: OKLAHOMA
Welcome to Oklahoma! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Oklahoma. Explore a map of Oklahoma, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Oklahoma zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The name Oklahoma comes from two Choctaw Indian words, okla, which means "people," and humma, which means "red." In 1889, Congress opened up 2 million acres for white settlement (it was previously open only to Native Americans who were forced to leave their homelands), and the first of a number of land runs began. Some of the state's settlers were called "Sooners" because they had already staked their land claims before the land was officially opened for settlement. Oklahoma was admitted as the 46th state in 1907. Oklahoma's capital is an easy one to remember--Oklahoma City. The state flower is the mistletoe, a favorite for kissing under during the winter holidays. ...Read more here: Oklahoma - The Sooner State
- Capital City:
- Oklahoma City
- Sooner State
- Labor Omnia Vincit (Labor Conquers All Things)
- November 16, 1907 (46th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on Choctaw Indian words: "okla" meaning people and "humma" meaning red."
- Largest Cities:
- Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, Lawton, Broken Arrow
- Border States:
- Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Texas
- Land Area:
- 68,679 sq. mi., 19th largest
- State Bird:
- Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
- State Flower:
- Mistletoe (phoradendron serotinum)
- State Tree:
- Redbud (cercis canadensis)
- State Song:
Featured Community Websites in Oklahoma
Real Estate & Home Values in Oklahoma
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find All Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 15501 Hickory Rd Newalla, OK
- 4316 Nw 21st Ter Oklahoma City, OK
- 12023 Hawthorne Ln Oklahoma City, OK
- 12023 Hawthorne Ln Oklahoma City, OK
- 21988 Pleasant Ridge Rd Edmond, OK
- 3900 Shandon Way Yukon, OK
- 2804 Nw 18th St Oklahoma City, OK
- 2808 Nw 18th St Oklahoma City, OK
- 6504 S 75th East Ave Tulsa, OK
- 21933 Homesteaders Pl Edmond, OK
- Roy MILTON
- Weleetka ok.
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Oklahoma
Find A School
Browse all 1804 Schools in Oklahoma
- Pierce Es
- (405) 685-1988
- 2701 S. Tulsa Avenue
- Oklahoma City, OK 73108
- Shady Point Es
- (918) 963-2595
- 22838 Wheelus Street
- Shady Point, OK 74956
- Woodward Ms, South
- (580) 256-7901
- 914 Oak
- Woodward, OK 73802
- Caney Valley Ms
- (918) 536-2705
- 696 Wyandotte Avenue
- Ramona, OK 74061
- Ryan Hs
- (580) 757-2296
- Highway 32 East
- Ryan, OK 73565
- Bethel Hs
- (405) 273-3633
- 36000 Clear Pond Road
- Shawnee, OK 74801
Sex Offender Information for Oklahoma
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Oklahoma, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=190&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: