Good afternoon, My husband and I went home today for lunch and found that our swinging chair was stolen. Someone has drove his... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: KANSAS
Welcome to Kansas! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Kansas. Explore a map of Kansas, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Kansas zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Known as the "Sunflower State," Kansas became the 34th state in 1861. The state's name comes from the Kansa or Kaw Indians and is a Sioux Indian term meaning "south wind people." Within Kansas's borders is the magnetic center mark for all of North America. All land surveys in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico use this as a reference point. The geographic center of the 48 contiguous (connected) states is located in a Kansas pasture. The native sunflower is the state flower and the capital is Topeka. ...Read more here: Kansas - The Sunflower State
- Capital City:
- Sunflower State
- Ad Astra per Aspera (To the stars through difficulties)
- January 29, 1861 (34th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- From the Sioux Indian for "south wind people."
- Largest City:
- Border States:
- Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma
- Land Area:
- 81,823 sq. mi., 13th largest
- State Bird:
- Western Meadowlark
- State Flower:
- State Tree:
- Cottonwood (populus)
- State Song:
- Home on the Range
Featured Community Websites in Kansas
Real Estate & Home Values in Kansas
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 11207 W 116th Ter Overland Park, KS
- 4821 W 121st St Leawood, KS
- 10301 Grant Ln Overland Park, KS
- 5458 Sw Hopkins Switch Rd El Dorado, KS
- 2080 Harold Ave Salina, KS
- 2263 Quincy St Salina, KS
- 1237 W Poplar St Olathe, KS
- 9300 Dearborn St Overland Park, KS
- 14612 Wedd St Overland Park, KS
- 9603 W 105th St Overland Park, KS
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Kansas
Find A School
Browse all 1421 Schools in Kansas
- Weir Elementary
- (620) 396-8211
- 303 S Humbert
- Weir, KS 66781
- Banneker Elementary
- (913) 627-4700
- 2026 N 4th Street
- Kansas City, KS 66101
- Chase Co Middle
- (620) 273-6676
- 5th And Chase
- Strong City, KS 66869
- Prairie Hills Middle
- (620) 662-6027
- 3200 Lucille Dr
- Hutchinson, KS 67502
- Dighton High
- (620) 397-5333
- 200 S Wichita
- Dighton, KS 67839
- Peoria Street Learning Center
- (913) 837-3458
- 602 W Amity
- Louisburg, KS 66053
Sex Offender Information for Kansas
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Kansas, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/ro.shtml. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: