I would love to see the San Francisco/Holbrook intersection opened up to Coronado to relieve traffic going through the... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: NEW MEXICO
Welcome to New Mexico! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of New Mexico. Explore a map of New Mexico, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of New Mexico zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
New Mexico Profile
In 1540, the Spanish conquistador Coronado trekked through the area known today as New Mexico in search of the fabled seven cities of gold. New Mexico, called the "Land of Enchantment," was the 47th state, entering the Union in 1912. Part of the "Old West," New Mexico was a place known for cowboys and cattle drives. The influence of the Apache Indians who live there is evident in the artwork and culture. The Pueblo Indian presence is also very apparent, most visibly in the tribe's buildings. The state also has a large Hispanic population, as New Mexico was under Spanish control from the 16th century until about 1846. The capital city of Santa Fe, founded in 1610, has the oldest continually used seat of government in North America. The state flower is the yucca ...Read more here: New Mexico - The Land of Enchantment
- Capital City:
- Santa Fe
- Land of Enchantment
- Crescit Eundo (It Grows As It Goes)
- January 6, 1912 (47th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named by the Spanish for lands north of the Rio Grande River.
- Largest Cities:
- Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, Roswell
- Border States:
- Arizona, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah
- Land Area:
- 121,359 sq. mi., 5th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Yucca Flower (yucca glauca)
- State Tree:
- Piñon (pinus edulis)
- State Songs:
- O, Fair New Mexico Asi es Nuevo Mejico
Featured Community Websites in New Mexico
- ANNA (Academy North Neighborhood Association)
- Classic Uptown Neighborhood Association
- Heritage East Association of Residents (HEAR)
- Las Terrazas Neighborhood Association
- Laurelwood Neighborhood Association
- Matheson Park Neighborhood Association
- Mossman Neighborhood Association
- South Los Altos Neighborhood Assoc.
- South San Pedro Neighborhood Association
- The Inn at Taos Ski Valley HOA
Real Estate & Home Values in New Mexico
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 5019 Cottonweed Rd Las Cruces, NM
- 25 Bishop Lamy Rd Santa Fe, NM
- 11213 Mahlon Ave Ne Albuquerque, NM
- 2716 Pennsylvania St Ne Albuquerque, NM
- 2620 Charleston St Ne Albuquerque, NM
- 632 Dakota St Se Albuquerque, NM
- 508 Venus Ave Alamogordo, NM
- 1750 Brenda Rd Se Rio Rancho, NM
- 9526 De Vargas Loop Ne Albuquerque, NM
- 9529 De Vargas Loop Ne Albuquerque, NM
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in New Mexico
New Mexico Schools
Find A School
Browse all 927 Schools in New Mexico
- Edward E. Torres El.
- (505) 835-1086
- 239 Garfield Avenue Sw
- Socorro, NM 87801
- Central Elementary
- (505) 537-3378
- 600 Prescott
- Central, NM 88026
- Valley Middle
- (505) 421-5069
- Nm Hwy 3
- Las Vegas, NM 87560
- Tucumcari Middle
- (505) 461-2310
- 914 South Fifth Street
- Tucumcari, NM 88401
- Hobbs High
- (505) 397-3241
- 800 North Jefferson
- Hobbs, NM 88240
- Navajo Preparatory School
- (505) 326-6571
- 1220 West Apache
- Farmington, NM 87401
Sex Offender Information for New Mexico
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In New Mexico, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.nmsexoffender.dps.state.nm.us/servlet/hit_serv.class. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: