This is absurd The double standards are ridiculous in TX. If this where a man he would have to register as a sex offender.... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: TEXAS
Welcome to Texas! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Texas. Explore a map of Texas, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Texas zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The Republic of Texas achieved its independence from Mexico in 1836, the same year as the famous siege of the Alamo in which pioneers Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett were slain. The "Lone Star State" was the 28th state to join the Union, admitted in 1845. The name Texas is a Spanish name, which comes from an Indian word meaning "friends" or "allies." Texas is the second-largest state in the Union in area, after Alaska. Although it has a wild, frontier history, today Texas is a major producer of oil and has important centers of industry and finance. A Texas state historian has said that the state flower, the bluebonnet, "is to Texas what the shamrock is to Ireland." ...Read more here: Texas - The Lone Star State
- Capital City:
- Lone Star State
- December 29, 1845 (28th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on a word used by Caddo Indians meaning "friends"
- Largest Cities:
- Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, El Paso, Austin
- Border States:
- Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma
- Land Area:
- 261,914 sq. mi.; 2nd largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Bluebonnet (lupinus)
- State Tree:
- Pecan (carya illinoensis)
- State Song:
- Texas, Our Texas
Featured Community Websites in Texas
- Camelot Neighborhood Association
- Circle C Neighbors
- Old Town Abilene Neighborhood Association
- Park West at Circle C
- River Trails Homeowners Association
- San Antonio Creekside Association, Inc.
- Sonoma Ranch
- Towne Lake Garden Association
- Villages of Woodland Springs Homeowners Association
- White Lake Hills Neighborhood Assn
Real Estate & Home Values in Texas
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Texas Foreclosures
- Texas Apartments
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 756 Clear Springs Holw Buda, TX
- 7503 Aberdon Rd Dallas, TX
- 10520 Donnis Dr Fort Worth, TX
- 17022 Spruce Run Dr Spring, TX
- 17022 Spruce Run Dr Spring, TX
- 14506 Golden Cypress Ln Cypress, TX
- 4210 Landshire Bend Dr Houston, TX
- 623 Helen St Kilgore, TX
- 5235 Twohill Pass San Antonio, TX
- 5911 Wexford Pl San Antonio, TX
- Bad Bill
The Ballast Point Neighborhood Association will meet this Thursdayevening, June 4, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Joe Abrahams... more
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Texas
Find A School
Browse all 8998 Schools in Texas
- Laureles Elementary
- (956) 233-3670
- 31393 Fm 2893
- San Benito, TX 78566
- Howard Dobbs El
- (972) 771-5232
- 101 S Clark St
- Rockwall, TX 75087
- Grapeland J H
- (409) 687-2351
- Old Crockett Rd
- Grapeland, TX 75844
- Shady Grove El
- (512) 756-8090
- 1001 Shady Grove Rd
- Burnet, TX 78611
- Hudson H S
- (936) 875-9232
- Hwy 94 W
- Lufkin, TX 75904
- P E P Alter Co Op
- (806) 933-4499
- Hwy 303
- Pep, TX 79353
Sex Offender Information for Texas
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Texas, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: