Sponsor Five-O fund by placing an add on our website. To place and add contact us at 720-641-2774 or by email at... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: COLORADO
Welcome to Colorado! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Colorado. Explore a map of Colorado, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Colorado zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Called the "Centennial State," because it became the 38th state when the U.S. turned 100 in 1876. Colorado is most closely associated with the Rocky Mountains and has numerous peaks over 14,000 feet. The state's name comes from a Spanish word meaning "red" or "ruddy," the color of much of the state's terrain. Today, Colorado is known for its vast cattle ranges, agricultural acreage, and snow-covered mountains that are ideal for winter sports. Its capital is Denver and state flower is the Rocky Mountain columbine. ...Read more here: Colorado - The Centennial State
- Capital City:
- Centennial State
- Nil Sine Numine (Nothing without Providence)
- Gained Statehood:
- August 1, 1876 (38th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- From the Spanish for the color red, which was applied to the Colorado River.
- Largest Cities:
- Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Lakewood, Fort Collins
- Border States:
- Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming
- Land Area:
- 103,730 sq. mi.; 8th largest
- State Bird:
- Lark Bunting
- State Flower:
- Rocky Mountain Columbine (aquilegia caerules)
- State Tree:
- Colorado Blue Spruce (picea pungens)
- State Song:
- Where the Columbines Grow
Featured Community Websites in Colorado
Real Estate & Home Values in Colorado
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Colorado Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 4070 Argonne St Denver, CO
- 4070 Argonne St Denver, CO
- 1247 S Vallejo St Denver, CO
- 3855 S Monaco Pkwy Apt 179 Denver, CO
- 3855 S Monaco Pkwy Apt 101 Denver, CO
- 20400 E Bellewood Pl Aurora, CO
- 1620 W Cheyenne Rd Colorado Springs, CO
- 7283 Bobcat Run Littleton, CO
- 10772 E Exposition Ave Apt 140 Aurora, CO
- 215 N Sunset St Fort Collins, CO
- Denver, Colorado
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Colorado
Find A School
Browse all 1730 Schools in Colorado
- Sierra Vista Elementary School
- (719) 547-2878
- 500 South Spaulding
- Pueblo West, CO 81007
- Billie Martinez Elementary School
- (970) 348-1800
- 341 14th Avenue
- Greeley, CO 80631
- Pinnacle Charter Middle School
- (303) 450-3985
- 1001 W 84th Avenue
- Federal Heights, CO 80260
- Barone Middle School
- (970) 878-9060
- Bob Tucker Drive
- Meeker, CO 81641
- Standley Lake High School
- (303) 982-3311
- 9300 West 104th Avenue
- Westminster, CO 80021
- Swink Junior Senior High School
- (719) 384-8103
- 610 Columbia Street
- Swink, CO 81077
Sex Offender Information for Colorado
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Colorado, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sor.state.co.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: