Sponsor Five-O fund by placing an add on our website. To place and add contact us at 720-641-2774 or by email at... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: COLORADO
Welcome to Colorado! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Colorado. Explore a map of Colorado, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Colorado zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Called the "Centennial State," because it became the 38th state when the U.S. turned 100 in 1876. Colorado is most closely associated with the Rocky Mountains and has numerous peaks over 14,000 feet. The state's name comes from a Spanish word meaning "red" or "ruddy," the color of much of the state's terrain. Today, Colorado is known for its vast cattle ranges, agricultural acreage, and snow-covered mountains that are ideal for winter sports. Its capital is Denver and state flower is the Rocky Mountain columbine. ...Read more here: Colorado - The Centennial State
- Capital City:
- Centennial State
- Nil Sine Numine (Nothing without Providence)
- Gained Statehood:
- August 1, 1876 (38th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- From the Spanish for the color red, which was applied to the Colorado River.
- Largest Cities:
- Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Lakewood, Fort Collins
- Border States:
- Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah, Wyoming
- Land Area:
- 103,730 sq. mi.; 8th largest
- State Bird:
- Lark Bunting
- State Flower:
- Rocky Mountain Columbine (aquilegia caerules)
- State Tree:
- Colorado Blue Spruce (picea pungens)
- State Song:
- Where the Columbines Grow
Featured Community Websites in Colorado
Real Estate & Home Values in Colorado
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Colorado Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 8445 Gamble Oak Ct Parker, CO
- 5833 S Miller St Littleton, CO
- 18989 E Warren Dr # G 202 Aurora, CO
- 9747 Garwood St Littleton, CO
- 9848 Appletree Pl Thornton, CO
- 9848 Orangewood Dr Thornton, CO
- 5913 S Tempe Way Centennial, CO
- 2702 S Nelson Ct Lakewood, CO
- 10486 Devonshire St Firestone, CO
- 6305 W 6th Ave Unit C18 Lakewood, CO
- Denver, Colorado
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Colorado
Find A School
Browse all 1730 Schools in Colorado
- Rocky Mountain Deaf School
- (303) 982-6725
- 10700 W. Exposition Dr
- Lakewood, CO 80226
- Westview Elementary School
- (720) 972-5680
- 1300 Roseanna Drive
- Northglenn, CO 80234
- The Connect Charter School
- (719) 542-0224
- 104 West 7th
- Pueblo, CO 81003
- Crossroad Alternative School
- (720) 972-5900
- 11700 Irma Drive
- Northglenn, CO 80233
- Flagler Senior High School
- (719) 765-4684
- 421 Julian
- Flagler, CO 80815
- South Park High School
- (719) 836-2006
- 640 Hathaway Street
- Fairplay, CO 80440
Sex Offender Information for Colorado
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Colorado, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sor.state.co.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: