Isn't this a great site. Think of the potential of this to impower homeowners. Anyone in Regency Park will be able to post... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: LOUISIANA
Welcome to Louisiana! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Louisiana. Explore a map of Louisiana, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Louisiana zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Situated in the Deep South, Louisiana, the "Pelican State," has a colorful history and was named in honor of King Louis XIV. A strong French influence is still evident throughout the state--its capital city is named Baton Rouge, French for "red stick," because the French-Canadian explorer Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville visited the area in 1699 and observed a red cypress post. Today the city of New Orleans is known for its Mardi Gras and jazz festivals. ...Read more here: Louisiana - The Pelican State
- Capital City:
- Baton Rouge
- Pelican State
- Union, justice, and confidence
- April 30, 1812 (18th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named in honor of France's King Louis XIV.
- Largest Cities:
- New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Lafayette, Kenner
- Border States:
- Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas
- Land Area:
- 43,566 sq. mi.; 33rd largest
- State Bird:
- Eastern Brown Pelican
- State Flower:
- Magnolia (magnolia)
- State Tree:
- Bald Cypress (taxodium distichum)
- State Song:
- Give Me Louisiana
Featured Community Websites in Louisiana
Real Estate & Home Values in Louisiana
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find All Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Louisiana
Find A School
Browse all 1566 Schools in Louisiana
- Grand Prairie Elementary School
- (337) 826-3391
- 669 Highway 363
- Washington, LA 70589
- Lawtell Elementary School
- (337) 543-2315
- 1010 School Road
- Lawtell, LA 70550
- Lake Harbor Middle School
- (985) 674-4440
- 1700 Viola Street
- Mandeville, LA 70448
- Marksville Middle School
- (318) 253-8952
- 152 Schoolhouse Road
- Marksville, LA 71351
- Vernon Parish Optional School
- (337) 392-0008
- 401 Nolan Trace
- Leesville, LA 71446
- Denham Springs High School
- (225) 665-8851
- 1000 North Range Avenue
- Denham Springs, LA 70726
Sex Offender Information for Louisiana
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Louisiana, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/socpr/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: