Communication and budgetary issues are two of the biggest challenges facing a Condo Association. An effective website can facilitate communication and also save a Condo Association money!
Leverage the Power of the Internet
The Internet has revolutionized how condominium associations can operate. If good communication and active participation are the two biggest challenges to managing and building a strong condominium association, then an effective website might be the solution. For condominium associations, a good website can decrease costs, increase communication, and enhance participation.
Basic Website Features You Will Need
How can a website do all these things? An effective website for a condominium association would include basic features such as: document storage for new and archival information, management/board contact information and/or a more extensive member directory, an online newsletter, an online calendar, a discussion forum, a map, and the ability to post links to other sites. Enhanced features might include the creation of private or password protected areas, the ability to create surveys, classified ads, and the ability to sell advertising on the site.
How would these features actually decrease costs, increase effectiveness, and enhance participation in a condominium association?
7 Ways to Save Money and Increase Communication and Participation
- A significant cost savings for the association would be the ability to publish, distribute, and continuously update its newsletter – at no cost! The newsletter can be created and continuously updated by either uploading a PDF and/or using the website’s document creating tools.
- Community feedback is easily achieved with either email links or topic postings in the discussion area.
- Document storage and the ability to create extra pages is a feature the association can utilize to post information (and photos) regarding architectural compliance, common areas, safety issues, social groups, common areas, community events, ongoing projects, safety concerns, official documents, and anything else you believe to be relevant to the community. This can be accomplished by either uploading a PDF and/or using the website’s document creating tools.
- An online calendar would enable the association to post dates, times and information about meetings, events, birthdays, road closings, etc. The calendar can be open for anyone in the association to post information, or can be restricted to selected editors.
- A discussion forum would enable everyone in the association to voice their ideas and opinions about issues related to their community – whenever it is convenient for them! It is a place where the entire community can dialogue, share ideas, and build relationships.
- The addition of a map on the website, with association’s location clearly delineated, can help new members and prospective members find local amenities located near the association.
- And lastly, the ability to post links to other sites would enable other community-related groups with websites to become easily accessible to condo association members. Groups such as local schools, the PTA, Mom’s Clubs, Boy and Girl Scouts, etc.
All of these website features help to build a condominium association that becomes easier to manage and more informed because everyone can access information when they need it, and participate when they have time.
The Internet has truly revolutionized how condominium associations are managed, how it communicates with its members and how its members communicate with each other. If good communication and active participation are the two biggest challenges to building and managing a strong association, then the solution is an effective website.
Ready to see what a Condo Association website can do for you and your Condo Association? Great, NEIGHBORHOOD LINK has been providing free websites to Condo Associaions since 1997. Your association's free website is fully programmed and designed. Besides being free, they are also easy to set up, simple to use, and ready to go! For more information: Free Condo Association Websites
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues And Fees
- What is an HOA or Homeowner Association?
- How to Start a Neighborhood Association
- Neighborhood Watch-How to Start One!
- Utilizing a Neighborhood Watch Website
- An Effective Meeting Agenda
- A Guide to Successful Association Meetings
- Association Basics for Committees
- Attracting Volunteers
- Budget Preparation Tips
- Effective HOA Communications
- Have An Effective and Efficient Meeting Every Time
- Directory of Association Articles