We just bought a house on Shull road. We love the neighborhood. All my neighbors are very nice. But after a while, we have... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: OHIO
Welcome to Ohio! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Ohio. Explore a map of Ohio, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Ohio zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The land we call Ohio today was part the Northwest Territory that the United States won by defeating the British in the Revolutionary War. Ohio was admitted into the Union as the 17th state in 1803. The state gets its name from the river that forms its southern border. Ohio is an Iroquois word meaning "great water." The capital of the "Buckeye State" is Columbus, and, not surprisingly, the state tree is the buckeye. Highly populated, Ohio is situated between the Eastern Seaboard and the Midwest, and is known for the fact that eight presidents were either born or lived there. The flower is the scarlet carnation. ...Read more here: Ohio - The Buckeye State
- Capital City:
- Buckeye State
- With God, All Things are Possible.
- March 1, 1803 (17th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- From the Iroquois Indian word for "good river."
- Largest Cities:
- Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron
- Border States:
- Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 40,953 sq. mi., 35th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Scarlet Carnation (dianthus caryophyllus)
- State Tree:
- Buckeye (aesculus glabra)
- State Song:
- Beautiful Ohio
Featured Community Websites in Ohio
Real Estate & Home Values in Ohio
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
- Ohio Apartments
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 7548 Winding Way Brecksville, OH
- 508 Catherine Ave Marion, OH
- 6789 Scioto Chase Blvd Powell, OH
- 10461 Rosalee Ln Strongsville, OH
- 8722 Oak Leaf Dr Strongsville, OH
- 4495 Foley Rd Cincinnati, OH
- 181 Assisiknoll Ct Cincinnati, OH
- 219 Purple Finch Loop Etna, OH
- 221 Purple Finch Loop Etna, OH
- 3543 Hidden Cove Cir Lewis Center, OH
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Ohio
Find A School
Browse all 4298 Schools in Ohio
- Southwest Licking Kindergarten Elementary School
- (740) 927-1130
- 927 South Street
- Etna, OH 43018
- Leggett Street Primary School
- (419) 335-4000
- 940 E Leggett St
- Wauseon, OH 43567
- Bryan Middle School
- (419) 636-6766
- 1301 Center St
- Bryan, OH 43506
- Jefferson Middle School
- (419) 695-2523
- 227 N Jefferson St
- Delphos, OH 45833
- Greenville Senior High School
- (937) 548-4188
- 100 Greenwave Way
- Greenville, OH 45331
- Mt Healthy High School
- (513) 729-0130
- 2046 Adams Rd
- Cincinnati, OH 45231
Sex Offender Information for Ohio
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Ohio, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: