We just bought a house on Shull road. We love the neighborhood. All my neighbors are very nice. But after a while, we have... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: OHIO
Welcome to Ohio! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Ohio. Explore a map of Ohio, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Ohio zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The land we call Ohio today was part the Northwest Territory that the United States won by defeating the British in the Revolutionary War. Ohio was admitted into the Union as the 17th state in 1803. The state gets its name from the river that forms its southern border. Ohio is an Iroquois word meaning "great water." The capital of the "Buckeye State" is Columbus, and, not surprisingly, the state tree is the buckeye. Highly populated, Ohio is situated between the Eastern Seaboard and the Midwest, and is known for the fact that eight presidents were either born or lived there. The flower is the scarlet carnation. ...Read more here: Ohio - The Buckeye State
- Capital City:
- Buckeye State
- With God, All Things are Possible.
- March 1, 1803 (17th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- From the Iroquois Indian word for "good river."
- Largest Cities:
- Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron
- Border States:
- Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 40,953 sq. mi., 35th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Scarlet Carnation (dianthus caryophyllus)
- State Tree:
- Buckeye (aesculus glabra)
- State Song:
- Beautiful Ohio
Featured Community Websites in Ohio
Real Estate & Home Values in Ohio
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
- Ohio Apartments
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 105 Edgefield Dr Elyria, OH
- 2662 Brownfield Rd Columbus, OH
- 1242 Rosetree Dr Milford, OH
- 4777 Mcfadden Rd Columbus, OH
- 105 Edgefield Dr Elyria, OH
- 1869 Vancouver St Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- 8552 Old Ivory Way Blacklick, OH
- 9148 Firstgate Dr Reynoldsburg, OH
- 3120 Willow Rd Springfield, OH
- 336 Hill St Urbana, OH
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Ohio
Find A School
Browse all 4298 Schools in Ohio
- Creston Middle School
- (330) 435-4255
- 161 S Main St
- Creston, OH 44217
- Bettes Elementary School
- (330) 761-1655
- 1333 Betana Ave
- Akron, OH 44310
- Rubyville Elementary School
- (740) 353-0272
- 3019 Maple Benner Rd
- Portsmouth, OH 45662
- St Henry Middle School
- (419) 678-4834
- 381 E Columbus St
- Saint Henry, OH 45883
- Oberlin High School
- (440) 774-1295
- 281 N Pleasant St
- Oberlin, OH 44074
- South Webster Jr/Sr High School
- (740) 778-2320
- 10529 Main St
- South Webster, OH 45682
Sex Offender Information for Ohio
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Ohio, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: