the Red Sox, the Patriots ,the Celtics ,Joe Sullivan.what?’s wrong with this picture? 1.the Sox are champs.woo hoo! sign... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MASSACHUSETTS
Welcome to Massachusetts! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Massachusetts. Explore a map of Massachusetts, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Massachusetts zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
One of the six New England states, and one of the first 13 states in the Union (it entered in 1788), Massachusetts is known as the "Old Colony State." The Pilgrims established their settlement at Plymouth in 1620, arriving on the Mayflower. They were followed shortly by the Puritans, who established the Massachusetts Bay Colony. The Puritans named their colony after a local Indian tribe whose name means "a large hill place." The birthplace of many of the ideals of the American Revolution, Massachusetts attracted people who believed in self-government. It's appropriate that the state flower is the mayflower, also known as the trailing arbutus. ...Read more here: Massachusetts - The Bay State
- Capital City:
- Bay State / Old Colony State
- Ense Petit Placidam Sub Libertate quietem (By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty)
- May 16, 1788 (6th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named after local Indian tribe whose name means "a large hill place."
- Largest Cities:
- Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, New Bedford
- Border States:
- Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Land Area:
- 7,838 sq. mi.; 45th largest
- State Bird:
- Black-capped Chickadee (Penthestes atricapillus)
- State Flower:
- Mayflower (epigaea regens)
- State Tree:
- American Elm (ulmus americana)
- State Song:
- Hail Massachusetts
Featured Community Websites in Massachusetts
Real Estate & Home Values in Massachusetts
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Fontana, CA
The city of Fontana is flooded with citizens who illegally harass and spy on innocent citizens. They get paid, vacations, cars, ... more
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Massachusetts
Find A School
Browse all 1908 Schools in Massachusetts
- Gov John Carver Elementary
- (508) 866-6220
- 85 Main Street
- Carver, MA 02330
- (508) 460-3504
- 80 Foley Rd
- Marlborough, MA 01752
- O'donnell Middle School
- (781) 344-7002
- 211 Cushing Street
- Stoughton, MA 02072
- Mccall Middle
- (781) 721-7026
- 458 Main Street
- Winchester, MA 01890
- Putnam Voc Tech High Sch
- (413) 787-7424
- 1300 State Street
- Springfield, MA 01109
- Oakmont Regional H S
- (978) 827-5907
- 9 Oakmont Drive
- Ashburnham, MA 01430
Sex Offender Information for Massachusetts
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Massachusetts, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.mass.gov/sorb/community.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: