Hey Everybody, This is more of a question than anything. I have noticed the street light in front of my house (127 Tuck) has... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: NEW HAMPSHIRE
Welcome to New Hampshire! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of New Hampshire. Explore a map of New Hampshire, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of New Hampshire zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
New Hampshire Profile
One of the original 13 states (it entered the Union in 1788), New Hampshire was named after the English county of Hampshire. New Hampshire is called the "Granite State" because of its numerous granite quarries; the nickname may also reflect the state's attachment to tradition and its history of a frugal government. There are no general sales or individual income taxes, which fits with the state motto of "Live free or die." A relatively small state, New Hampshire plays a major role every four years in the presidential election, as it holds the first primary election. New Hampshire's state bird is the purple finch and its capital is Concord. ...Read more here: New Hampshire - The Granite State
- Capital City:
- Granite State
- Live free or die
- June 21, 1788 (9th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named for Hampshire, England, by Captain John Mason
- Largest Cities:
- Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Derry, Rochester
- Border States:
- Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont
- Land Area:
- 8,969 sq. mi., 44th largest
- State Bird:
- Purple Finch
- State Flower:
- Purple Lilac (syringa vulgaris)
- State Tree:
- White Birch (betula papyrifera)
- State Song:
- Old New Hampshire
Featured Community Websites in New Hampshire
Real Estate & Home Values in New Hampshire
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- New Hampshire Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Schools
Find A School
Browse all 491 Schools in New Hampshire
- Unity Elementary School
- (603) 542-5888
- 864 Second Nh Turnpike
- Unity, NH 03773
- Mcclelland School
- (603) 332-2180
- 59 Brock St
- Rochester, NH 03867
- Newmarket Jr Sr High(Elem)
- (603) 659-3271
- 213 So Main St
- Newmarket, NH 03857
- Berlin Junior High School
- (603) 752-5311
- 200 State St
- Berlin, NH 03570
- Concord Senior High School
- (603) 225-0800
- 170 Warren St
- Concord, NH 03301
- Conval Regional High School
- (603) 924-3869
- 184 Hancock Road
- Peterborough, NH 03458
Sex Offender Information for New Hampshire
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In New Hampshire, the registered sex offenders can be found at href=http://www.oit.nh.gov/nsor/search.asp. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: