The best vacation is a gratitude moment of but minutes. Imagine just hand-writing a regular US-mail thank you note to... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: RHODE ISLAND
Welcome to Rhode Island! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Rhode Island. Explore a map of Rhode Island, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Rhode Island zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Rhode Island Profile
Roger Williams and a group of religious followers founded the town of Providence in what is today known as Rhode Island after their banishment from the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Williams believed in the importance of liberty of conscience, which became an important principle in the founding of Rhode Island and ultimately in the founding of the United States. Officially called "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations," Rhode Island is one of the six New England states and one of the original 13 states of the Union, entering in 1790. It is the smallest state in area in the country. Rhode Island's flower is the violet, and the capital is Providence. The name "Rhode Island" is credited to Italian navigator Giovanni Verrazano who compared the nearby island Block Island to Rhodes in Greece. Later Williams thought that Verrazano had been referring to island where they had settled and began calling the island Rhode Island. ...Read more here: Rhode Island - The Ocean State
- Capital City:
- The Ocean State / Little Rhody
- May 29, 1790 (13th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Possibly named in honor of the Greek island of Rhodes or named Roode Eylandt by Adriaen Block, Dutch explorer, because of its red clay.
- Largest Cities:
- Providence, Warwick, Cranston,Pawtucket, East Providence
- Border States:
- Connecticut, Massachusetts
- Land Area:
- 1,045 sq. mi.; Smallest state
- State Bird:
- Rhode Island Red
- State Flower:
- Violet (viola)
- State Tree:
- Red Maple (acer rubrum)
- State Song:
- Rhode Island's It For Me
Featured Community Websites in Rhode Island
Real Estate & Home Values in Rhode Island
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 49 White Ave Warwick, RI
- 36 S Comstock Pkwy Cranston, RI
- 105 Saratoga Ave Pawtucket, RI
- 108 Saratoga Ave Pawtucket, RI
- 22 Moskalyk St West Warwick, RI
- 37 South Rd South Kingstown, RI
- 82 Rocky Brook Way South Kingstown, RI
- 200 Wood St Bristol, RI
- 24 Thurber St Pawtucket, RI
- 46 Edmond Dr North Kingstown, RI
- Pawtucket, RI
- Naked Truth Ministries
- Memphis TN 38109
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Schools
Find A School
Browse all 346 Schools in Rhode Island
- Gladstone Street School
- (401) 270-8080
- 50 Gladstone Street
- Cranston, RI 02920
- Anna M. Mccabe School
- (401) 949-2058
- 100 Pleasant View Avenue
- Esmond, RI 02917
- Scituate Middle School
- (401) 647-4123
- 94 Trimtown Road
- North Scituate, RI 02857
- Nathan Bishop Middle School
- (401) 456-9344
- 101 Sessions Street
- Providence, RI 02906
- Barrington High School
- (401) 247-3150
- 220 Lincoln Avenue
- Barrington, RI 02806
- West Warwick Senior High School
- (401) 821-6596
- Webster Knight Drive
- West Warwick, RI 02893
Sex Offender Information for Rhode Island
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Rhode Island, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.paroleboard.ri.gov/sexoffender/agree.php. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: