Not being on Facebook, I couldn't respond to some comments about alligator size posted there, so here it is. ... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: VERMONT
Welcome to Vermont! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Vermont. Explore a map of Vermont, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Vermont zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
In 1609, French explorer Samuel de Champlain came upon a large lake in the area we know today as Vermont and named it after himself. The state's name comes from two French words vert (green) and mont (mountain), which explains Vermont's nickname, the "Green Mountain State." Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys defended their homeland from the British during the Revolutionary War. Vermont is one of the six New England states and became the 14th state in 1791. Some of Vermont's major industries are dairy farming and tourism. One of the most picturesque states, Vermont has millions of visitors each year who come to see the leaves turn colors in the fall and the snow-covered mountains in the winter. The state flower is the red clover and the tree is the sugar maple. Vermont maple syrup is one of the state's most popular products ...Read more here: Vermont - The Green Mountain State
- Capital City:
- Green Mountain State
- Freedom and Unity
- March 4, 1791 (14th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on "verts monts," French for green mountains
- Largest City:
- Border States:
- Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York
- Land Area:
- 9,249 sq. mi., 43rd largest
- State Bird:
- Hermit Thrush
- State Flower:
- Red Clover (trifolium pratense)
- State Tree:
- Sugar Maple (acer saccharum)
- State Song:
- Hail, Vermont
Featured Community Websites in Vermont
- Boulder Hill
- Burlington Downton Farmers Market
- Burlington New North End Farmers Market
- Burlington South End Farmers Market
- Champlain Senior Center
- Fletcher Allen's Farmers' Market
- Flynn Avenue Sundays Market
- Freestyle Preschool
- GreatGrandparents for Autism Advocacy, VT. Burlington
- Stonehedge L-Cluster
Real Estate & Home Values in Vermont
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Vermont
Find A School
Browse all 393 Schools in Vermont
- Thetford Elementary School
- (802) 785-2426
- 2689 Rt 113
- Thetford, VT 05074
- Rutland Windsor S.U.
- (802) 228-2541
- 8 High Street
- Ludlow, VT 05149
- Browns River Middle Usd #17
- (802) 899-3711
- 20 River Road
- Jericho, VT 05465
- Camels Hump Middle Usd #17
- (802) 434-2188
- 173 School Street
- Richmond, VT 05477
- Bfa High School Fairfax
- (802) 849-6711
- 75 Hunt Street
- Fairfax, VT 05454
- Middlebury Sr. Uhsd #3
- (802) 382-1500
- 73 Charles Avenue
- Middlebury, VT 05753
Sex Offender Information for Vermont
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Vermont, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://18.104.22.168/cjs/s_registry.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: