To anyone reading this I have been attempting to contact a buddy stationed together with me in the Rep of South Korea back in... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MICHIGAN
Welcome to Michigan! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Michigan. Explore a map of Michigan, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Michigan zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Michigan was the 26th state, admitted into the Union in 1837. Called the "Great Lakes State" because its shores touch four of the five Great Lakes, Michigan gets its name from an Ojibwa (Chippewa) Indian word meaning "large lake." Michigan has an unusual geography, as it consists of two land masses--the Upper Peninsula and the mitten-shaped Lower Peninsula. Detroit, its largest city, is known worldwide as the center of the American auto industry. The apple blossom is the state flower, the robin is the state bird and Lansing is the capital. ...Read more here: Michigan - The Great Lakes State
- Capital City:
- Great Lakes State/ Wolverine State / Water Wonderland
- Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam, Circumspice(If You Seek a Pleasant peninsula, Look About You)
- January 26, 1837 (26th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on Chippewa Indian word "meicigama" meaning "great water," and referring to the Great Lake
- Largest Cities:
- Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Flint, Lansing
- Border States:
- Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Land Area:
- 56,809 sq. mi., 22nd largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Apple Blossom (pyrus coronaria)State Tree: White pine (pinus strobus)
- State Song:
- Michigan, My Michigan
Featured Community Websites in Michigan
Real Estate & Home Values in Michigan
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search For Foreclosures
- Michigan Apartments
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Michigan
Find A School
Browse all 4178 Schools in Michigan
- Sankofa Shule Academy
- (517) 394-4023
- 4817 Bristol Road
- Lansing, MI 48910
- Bryant School
- (989) 723-4355
- 925 Hampton Street
- Owosso, MI 48867
- P.D. Chatterton Middle School
- (586) 757-6650
- 24333 Ryan Road
- Warren, MI 48091
- Lake Fenton Middle School
- (810) 591-2209
- 11425 Torrey Road
- Fenton, MI 48430
- Marysville High School
- (810) 364-7161
- 1325 Michigan Avenue
- Marysville, MI 48040
- Petoskey High School
- (231) 348-2160
- 1500 Hill Street
- Petoskey, MI 49770
Sex Offender Information for Michigan
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Michigan, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: