I live in the 53204 and have so for the last 10 yrs. I am so fed up with the slumlords in this area. They let gangbangers and... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: WISCONSIN
Welcome to Wisconsin! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Wisconsin. Explore a map of Wisconsin, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Wisconsin zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
In 1634, Frenchman Jean Nicolet became Wisconsin's first European explorer. The French controlled the area until 1763, when it was ceded to the British. The state's name is an English version of a French adaptation of an Indian name said to mean "the place where we live." The Wisconsin Territory was formed in 1836 and was admitted into the Union as the 30th state in 1848. With the nickname "America's Dairyland," it's no surprise that Wisconsin is one of the top producers of milk, cheese, and butter in the country. In fact, the loyal fans of the Green Bay Packers football team call themselves "cheeseheads." Milwaukee, the state's largest city, helps make Wisconsin one of the largest manufacturing states in the nation. The state capital, Madison, is home to the University of Wisconsin. The flower of the "Badger State" is the wood violet and the state bird is the robin. ...Read more here: Wisconsin - The Badger State
- Capital City:
- Badger State / America's Dairyland
- May 29, 1848 (30th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Based on an Indian word "Ouisconsin" believed to mean "grassy place" in the Chippewa tongue
- Largest Cities:
- Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Kenosha, Racine
- Border States:
- Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota
- Land Area:
- 54,314 sq.mi., 25th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- Wood Violet (viola papilionacea)
- State Tree:
- Sugar Maple (acer saccharum)
- State Song:
- On Wisconsin
Featured Community Websites in Wisconsin
- Bergamont Home Owners Association
- Capitol West Neighborhood Association
- Citywide Block Watch Council
- Hawkeyes Neighborhood Watch
- Merrill Park Neighborhood Assn.
- Middle Village Neighborhood Association
- Milwaukee Professionals Association
- Prairie Hill Town Homes Association
- Stoneridge Pointe
- Valley Park Civic Association (Piggsville)
Real Estate & Home Values in Wisconsin
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find All Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Wisconsin
Find A School
Browse all 2300 Schools in Wisconsin
- Lake Delton Elementary
- (608) 253-4391
- 520 W Delavan St
- Lake Delton, WI 53940
- Wauzeka Elementary
- (608) 875-5311
- 301 E Main St
- Wauzeka, WI 53826
- Marshall Middle
- (608) 743-6205
- 25 S Pontiac Dr
- Janesville, WI 53545
- Central Middle
- (262) 673-8040
- 1100 Cedar St
- Hartford, WI 53027
- Wis Rivers Community Charter
- (715) 345-5401
- 1201 N Point Dr
- Stevens Point, WI 54481
- Mcfarland High
- (608) 838-3166
- 5103 Farwell St
- Mcfarland, WI 53558
Sex Offender Information for Wisconsin
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Wisconsin, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://widocoffenders.org. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: