Welcome to DOWNEY, CA 90240
90240 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Downey, California. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $510,700 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $73,994/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 90240 earn an average of $40,341/year. Women earn only $27,688/year.
10,167 people in 90240 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 90240? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 26.8 minutes.
The median age here is 36. There are 12,501 men and 13,375 women. The median age for men is 34 while for women the median age is 37.
To give you a sense of the community, 12,900 people (out of the 25,876 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 7,691 homes, and 662 businesses every day. 124 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
90240 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Hiroshima, Japan!) and -118 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 135 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 90240
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Downey, CA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Downey, CA
Average Home Value in 90240: $510,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 25,876
- White Population: 16,127
- Black Population: 777
- Hispanic Population: 17,702
- Asian Population: 2,501
- Hawaiian Population: 99
- Indian Population: 299
- Male Population: 12,501
- Female Population: 13,375
- Median Age: 36
- Median Age of Males: 34
- Median Age of Females: 37
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: California
- CSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana CA
- County: Los Angeles
- City: Downey
- Longitude: -118.1
- Latitude: 34.0
- Elevation: 135 feet above sea level
- Area code: 562
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 9,870
- Drive alone: 8,011
- Carpool: 1,367
- Public transit: 309
- Ride bikes or walk: 124
- Average commute time: 26.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 113
- 5 - 9: 833
- 10 - 14: 1,189
- 15 - 19: 1,432
- 20 - 24: 1,500
- 25 - 29: 615
- 30 - 34: 1,856
- 35 - 39: 269
- 40 - 44: 407
- 45 - 59: 1,002
- 60 - 89: 489
- 90 plus: 165
- Average House Value: $510,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $69,032
- Businesses: 477
- Employees: 3,271
- Annual Payroll: $102,612,000
- Average Family Income: $73,994
- Median Family Income: $55,492
- Average Income for Men: $40,341
- Average Income for Women: $27,688
- Congressional District: 34
- Congressional District Land Area: 58.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara Boxer (D)
- Jr Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
- US House Representative: Xavier Becerra (D)
- County FIPS Code: 037
- State FIPS Code: 06
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 90240
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 90240 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Gallatin Elementary
- 9513 South Brookshire Ave.
- Downey, CA 90240
- (562) 904-3583
- Price Elementary
- 9525 South Tweedy Ln.
- Downey, CA 90240
- (562) 904-3575
Photos near Zip Code 90240, Downey, CA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 90240 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: