Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MARYLAND
Welcome to Maryland! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Maryland. Explore a map of Maryland, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Maryland zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
One of the original 13 states to join the Union (in 1788), Maryland is in the middle of the Eastern Seaboard. It's believed that Lord Baltimore, who received a charter for the land in 1632, named the state after Queen Henrietta Maria, wife of King Charles I. The Mason and Dixon line was drawn in the 1760s to settle a dispute between the Penn and Calvert families. In addition to marking the boundary between Pennsylvania and Maryland, it is the traditional boundary between the North and the South. Maryland is known as the "Free State"; its flower is the black-eyed susan; and its capital is Annapolis, home of the U.S. Naval Academy. ...Read more here: Maryland - The Old Line State
- Capital City:
- Old Line State / Free State
- Fatti Maschii Parole Femine(Manly deeds, womanly words)
- April 28, 1788 (7th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named to honor Henrietta Maria, wife of England's King Charles I.
- Largest Cities:
- Baltimore, Columbia, Silver Spring, Dundalk, Wheaton-Glenmont, Ellicott City
- Border States:
- Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 9,775 sq. mi., 42nd largest
- State Bird:
- Baltimore Oriole
- State Flower:
- Black-Eyed Susan (rudbeckia hirta)
- State Tree:
- White Oak
- State Song:
- Maryland, My Maryland
Featured Community Websites in Maryland
Real Estate & Home Values in Maryland
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Maryland Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 5618 Compton Ln Eldersburg, MD
- 5620 Compton Ln Eldersburg, MD
- 301 N Calhoun St Baltimore, MD
- 2805 Bookert Dr Baltimore, MD
- 2515 Oakley Ave Baltimore, MD
- 3520 Falling Green Rd Olney, MD
- 3525 Falling Green Rd Olney, MD
- 3517 Falling Green Rd Olney, MD
- 12138 Island View Cir Germantown, MD
- 2418 Eastridge Rd Lutherville Timonium, MD
- Dallas, TX
- Fontana, CA
The city of Fontana is flooded with citizens who illegally harass and spy on innocent citizens. They get paid, vacations, cars, ... more
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Maryland
Find A School
Browse all 1447 Schools in Maryland
- Broad Acres Elementary
- (301) 431-7616
- 13313 Old Columbia Pike
- Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Halstead Academy
- (410) 887-3210
- 1111 Halstead Rd
- Baltimore, MD 21234
- Connexions Community Leadership Academy
- (443) 984-1418
- 2801 Dukeland St
- Baltimore, MD 21216
- Dumbarton Middle
- (410) 887-3176
- 300 Dumbarton Rd
- Baltimore, MD 21212
- Patuxent High
- (410) 535-7865
- 12485 Rousby Hall Rd
- Lusby, MD 20657
- Heritage High School At Lake Clifton
- (410) 396-6637
- 2801 St Lo Dr
- Baltimore, MD 21213
Sex Offender Information for Maryland
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Maryland, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/onlineservs/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: