TANYARDS SPRINGS TOWNHOMES, GLEN BURNIE. MD 21060 We NEED everyone's HELP to find Dominick's Prescription Glasses.... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MARYLAND
Welcome to Maryland! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Maryland. Explore a map of Maryland, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Maryland zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
One of the original 13 states to join the Union (in 1788), Maryland is in the middle of the Eastern Seaboard. It's believed that Lord Baltimore, who received a charter for the land in 1632, named the state after Queen Henrietta Maria, wife of King Charles I. The Mason and Dixon line was drawn in the 1760s to settle a dispute between the Penn and Calvert families. In addition to marking the boundary between Pennsylvania and Maryland, it is the traditional boundary between the North and the South. Maryland is known as the "Free State"; its flower is the black-eyed susan; and its capital is Annapolis, home of the U.S. Naval Academy. ...Read more here: Maryland - The Old Line State
- Capital City:
- Old Line State / Free State
- Fatti Maschii Parole Femine(Manly deeds, womanly words)
- April 28, 1788 (7th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named to honor Henrietta Maria, wife of England's King Charles I.
- Largest Cities:
- Baltimore, Columbia, Silver Spring, Dundalk, Wheaton-Glenmont, Ellicott City
- Border States:
- Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- Land Area:
- 9,775 sq. mi., 42nd largest
- State Bird:
- Baltimore Oriole
- State Flower:
- Black-Eyed Susan (rudbeckia hirta)
- State Tree:
- White Oak
- State Song:
- Maryland, My Maryland
Featured Community Websites in Maryland
Real Estate & Home Values in Maryland
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Maryland Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 653 Budleigh Cir Lutherville Timonium, MD
- 4005 Isbell St Silver Spring, MD
- 4005 Isbell St Silver Spring, MD
- 9516 White Spring Way Columbia, MD
- 5515 Whitwood Rd Baltimore, MD
- 21372 Carmen Woods Dr Lexington Park, MD
- 9824 Bridle Brook Dr Owings Mills, MD
- 78 Anna Ct Gaithersburg, MD
- 14904 Piney Grove Ct North Potomac, MD
- 1010 Frimler Ct Capitol Heights, MD
- Glen Burnie, MD
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Maryland
Find A School
Browse all 1447 Schools in Maryland
- Hancock Elementary
- (301) 766-8178
- 290 W Main St
- Hancock, MD 21750
- Dr. Samuel A. Mudd Elementary School
- (301) 645-3686
- 820 Stone Ave
- Waldorf, MD 20602
- Easton Middle
- (410) 822-2910
- 210 Peachblossom Rd
- Easton, MD 21601
- Westminster West Middle
- (410) 751-3661
- 60 Monroe St
- Westminster, MD 21157
- Clear Spring High
- (301) 766-8082
- 12630 Broadfording Rd
- Clear Spring, MD 21722
- Eastern Technical High School
- (410) 887-0190
- 1100 Mace Ave
- Baltimore, MD 21221
Sex Offender Information for Maryland
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Maryland, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/onlineservs/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: