Hello neighbors!!!Yes...OMG what a rainy season we are having. With all this rain hedges, trees and shrubs are growing very... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: DELAWARE
Welcome to Delaware! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Delaware. Explore a map of Delaware, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Delaware zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
With the state motto of "Liberty and Independence," it's no surprise that Delaware was the first of the original 13 states of the Union; it's often called the "First" or "Diamond State." The state's name comes from the original governor of Virginia, Thomas West, Lord De La Warr. William Penn acquired the land that makes up Delaware to keep his Pennsylvania colony from being landlocked. Today, Delaware is one of the most industrialized states, known for its chemical research. Dover is the capital; the state flower is the peach blossom. ...Read more here: Delaware - The Diamond State
- Capital City:
- First State / Diamond State
- Liberty and Independence
- Dec. 7, 1787 (1st)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named after Lord De La Warr, an early Virginia governor.
- Largest Cities:
- Wilmington, Dover, Newark, Bethany, Milton
- Border States:
- Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Land Area:
- 1,955 sq. mi.; 49th largest
- State Bird:
- Blue Hen Chicken
- State Flower:
- Peach Blossom
- State Tree:
- American Holly (ilex opaca)
- State Song:
- Our Delaware
Featured Community Websites in Delaware
Real Estate & Home Values in Delaware
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Delaware Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Delaware
Find A School
Browse all 238 Schools in Delaware
- Baltz (Austin D.) Elementary School
- (302) 992-5560
- 1500 Spruce Avenue
- Wilmington, DE 19805
- North Smyrna Elementary School
- (302) 653-8589
- 365 North Main Street
- Smyrna, DE 19977
- Selbyville Middle School
- (302) 436-1020
- 80 Betheny Rd.
- Selbyville, DE 19975
- Redding (Louis L.) Middle School
- (302) 378-5030
- 201 New Street
- Middletown, DE 19709
- Glasgow High School
- (302) 454-2381
- 1901 South College Avenue
- Newark, DE 19702
- Brandywine High School
- (302) 479-1600
- 1400 Foulk Road
- Wilmington, DE 19803
Sex Offender Information for Delaware
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Delaware, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.state.de.us/dsp/sexoff/index.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: