Hello, I am a home business mom looking to connect with other home business owners to share ideas and possibly to... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: NORTH CAROLINA
Welcome to North Carolina! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of North Carolina. Explore a map of North Carolina, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of North Carolina zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
North Carolina Profile
The first European settlement in North Carolina is the famous Lost Colony of Roanoke Island that vanished sometime after 1587. North Carolina is the northern portion of the original 1629 land grant made by England's King Charles I, which was named in his honor (Carolus is Latin for Charles). North Carolina joined the Union in 1789 and is the 12th of the original 13 states. Today, North Carolina is a growing research center and banking state. The capital of the "Tar Heel State" is Raleigh, and the dogwood blossom is the state flower. ...Read more here: North Carolina - The Tar Heel State
- Capital City:
- Tar Heel State
- Esse Quam Videri (To Be Rather Than To Seem)
- November 21, 1789 (12th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Taken from "Carolus," the Latin word for Charles and named after England's King Charles I.
- Largest Cities:
- Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham
- Border States:
- Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
- Land Area:
- 48,718 sq. mi., 29th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- American Dogwood (cornus florida)
- State Tree:
- Longleaf Pine (pinus palustris)
- State Song:
- The Old North State
Featured Community Websites in North Carolina
Real Estate & Home Values in North Carolina
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 8903 Milton Morris Dr Charlotte, NC
- 5925 Mcnair Rd Charlotte, NC
- 124 Cobblestone Ct Rocky Mount, NC
- 736 Drexel Rd Rocky Mount, NC
- 725 Drexel Rd Rocky Mount, NC
- 225 Seneca Pl Charlotte, NC
- 3199 Buckhorn Ln Wake Forest, NC
- 3926 Creekmoore Dr Winston Salem, NC
- 10919 Willow Crossing Dr Charlotte, NC
- 5821 Underwood Ave Charlotte, NC
- Fort Mill
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in North Carolina
North Carolina Schools
Find A School
Browse all 2371 Schools in North Carolina
- Northwest Elementary
- (336) 764-0360
- 400 Northwest Elementary Road
- Lexington, NC 27295
- Mull Elementary
- (828) 437-5785
- 1140 Old Nc 18 South
- Morganton, NC 28655
- Lumberton Junior High
- (910) 738-9611
- 82 Marion Rd
- Lumberton, NC 28358
- Gaston College Preparatory
- (252) 308-6932
- 320 Pleasant Hill Road
- Gaston, NC 27832
- Sanderson High
- (919) 881-4800
- 5500 Dixon Drive
- Raleigh, NC 27609
- Forbush High
- (336) 961-4644
- 1525 Falcon Road
- East Bend, NC 27018
Sex Offender Information for North Carolina
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In North Carolina, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: