Are the days when people were proud to volunteer gone? When this organization and a Neighborhood Watch was talked about, many... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: MAINE
Welcome to Maine! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Maine. Explore a map of Maine, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Maine zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
The largest of the New England states in area, Maine, in 1820, was the 23rd state to join the Union. Its name comes from an ancient French province of the same name. The most sparsely populated state east of the Mississippi River, it's appropriately called the "Pine Tree State," as 90 percent of its land is forest. Not surprisingly, most of Maine's economy is related to timber and the production of paper and paper products although the millions of tourists who flock each summer to "Vacationland" are a significant source of revenue. The capital is Augusta; the state flower is the white pine cone and tassel. ...Read more here: Maine - The Pine Tree State
- Capital City:
- Pine Tree State
- Dirigo (I direct)
- March 15, 1820 (23th)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Probably a reference to the state region being a mainland, different from its many surrounding islands.
- Largest Cities:
- Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, Auburn, South Portland
- Border State:
- New Hampshire
- Land Area:
- 30,865 sq. mi.; 39th largest
- State Bird:
- State Flower:
- White pine cone and tassel (pinus strobus, linnaeus)
- State Tree:
- Eastern White Pine
- State Song:
- State Song of Maine
Featured Community Websites in Maine
- Brooksville Friends and Neighbors
- Butternut Hill Estates
- College Neighbors Association
- Gilman School Neighborhood Association
- Hartland Community Enrichment Organization
- Massabesic Area Community
- North Pownal
- South Freeport Neighborhood Association
- Williams Court Neighborhood Watch
- Windsor Maine Townspeople
Real Estate & Home Values in Maine
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Fontana, CA
The city of Fontana is flooded with citizens who illegally harass and spy on innocent citizens. They get paid, vacations, cars, ... more
- Fort Collins
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Maine
Find A School
Browse all 691 Schools in Maine
- Owls Head Central School
- (207) 594-5650
- 54 Ash Point Drive
- Owls Head, ME 04854
- Islesford Elementary School
- (207) 244-3961
- P.O. Box 8
- Cranberry Isles, ME 04646
- Philip W Sugg Middle School
- (207) 353-3055
- 567 Lisbon Road
- Lisbon, ME 04252
- Madison Junior High School
- (207) 696-3381
- 205 Main Street
- Madison, ME 04950
- Woodland Jr Sr High School
- (207) 427-3325
- 14 First Avenue
- Baileyville, ME 04694
- Brunswick High School
- (207) 319-1910
- 116 Maquoit Road
- Brunswick, ME 04011
Sex Offender Information for Maine
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Maine, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.informe.org/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: