Why is it a problem to deal with animal control dealing with my neighbors barking/hounding... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: CALIFORNIA
Welcome to California! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of California. Explore a map of California, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of California zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Nicknamed the "Golden State," California is the third largest state in area after Alaska and Texas. The discovery of gold and the immigration in 1849 of thousands of "forty-niners" in search of the precious metal helped California's admission into the Union in 1850. Today, California, land of the giant redwoods, has the highest population of any state in the nation and is America's principal agricultural state. It is also the home of Hollywood, the center of America's movie and television industry. Its capital is Sacramento and the state flower is the golden poppy. ...Read more here: California - The Golden State
- Capital City:
- The Golden State
- Eureka (I have found it)
- September 9, 1850 (31st)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named by the Spanish after Califia, a mythical paradise in a Spanish romance written by Montalvo in 1510.
- Largest Cities:
- Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Long Beach
- Border States:
- Arizona, Nevada, Oregon
- Land Area:
- 155,973 sq. mi.; 3rd largest
- State Bird:
- California Valley Quail
- State Flower:
- Golden Poppy (eschscholtzia californica)
- State Tree:
- California redwood (sequoia sempervirens)
- State Song:
- I Love You, California
Featured Community Websites in California
- Atchison Village Mutual Homes Corporation
- Fountainhead Garden Home Owners Association
- Fox Canyon Neighborhood Association, Inc.
- Glendora Emergency Response Communications
- Oak Park Community Council
- Santa Monica Canyon Civic Association
- Terra Lago
- University Heights Community Development Corp.
- Willard Neighborhood Association
- Wrigley Association
Real Estate & Home Values in California
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- California Foreclosures
- California Apartments
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 622 W Regent St Apt 7 Inglewood, CA
- 11499 Fallingstar Ct Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 6769 Gilbert Pl Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 7350 Legacy Pl Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 7331 Shelby Pl Apt 111 Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- 1939 Peaceful Hills Rd Walnut, CA
- 1939 Peaceful Hills Rd Walnut, CA
- 20867 Starshine Rd Diamond Bar, CA
- 1323 Scossa Ave Apt 2 San Jose, CA
- 1323 Scossa Ave Apt 1 San Jose, CA
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in California
Find A School
Browse all 9972 Schools in California
- San Antonio Elementary
- (323) 582-1250
- 6222 State St.
- Huntington Park, CA 90255
- Cayucos Elementary
- (805) 995-3694
- 301 Cayucos Dr.
- Cayucos, CA 93430
- Scandinavian Middle
- (559) 253-6510
- 3232 North Sierra Vista
- Fresno, CA 93726
- Kipp Bridge College Preparatory
- (510) 879-2421
- 991 14th St.
- Oakland, CA 94607
- Franklin High
- (209) 933-7435
- 300 North Gertrude St.
- Stockton, CA 95215
- Eureka Dunes High
- (760) 938-2005
- 590 South Main St.
- Big Pine, CA 93513
Sex Offender Information for California
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In California, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: