I am considering buying a unit at the McKenzie Lofts. Does anyone know details about either the extent of the repairs needed on ... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: OREGON
Welcome to Oregon! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Oregon. Explore a map of Oregon, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Oregon zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Spanish sailors in search of a northwest passage were the first Europeans to see what is known today as Oregon. Settlers traveling in wagon trains over the Oregon Trail in the 1840s followed the missionaries who had come in the 1830s. Oregon was admitted as the 33rd state in 1859. Oregon is a state of great natural beauty with places such as Crater Lake National Park and the Columbia River Gorge. Its mountains, covered in forests, make Oregon the leading state in the production of wood products. The state flower is the Oregon grape, and the capital is Salem. The origin of the state's name is unknown, but one theory holds that it may have come from the Wisconsin River, shown in a 1715 French map as "Ouaricon-sint." ...Read more here: Oregon - The Beaver State
- Capital City:
- Beaver State
- Alis Volat Propiis (She Flies With Her Own Wings)
- February 14, 1859 (33rd)
- Origin of State's Name:
- May have been derived from that of the Wisconsin River shown on a 1715 French map as "Ouaricon-sint."
- Largest Cities:
- Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham, Beaverton
- Border States:
- California, Idaho, Nevada, Washington
- Land Area:
- 96,003 sq. mi., 10th largest
- State Bird:
- Western Meadowlark
- State Flower:
- Oregon Grape (berberis aquifolium)
- State Tree:
- Douglas Fir (pseudotsuga menziesii)
- State Song:
- Oregon, My Oregon
Featured Community Websites in Oregon
Real Estate & Home Values in Oregon
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Oregon Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 38364 Barlow Pkwy Sandy, OR
- 1764 Ne Wilcox Ave Terrebonne, OR
- 8445 Sw Hemlock St Portland, OR
- 1844 Sw Alexandria St # 99 Mc Minnville, OR
- 87980 5th St Veneta, OR
- 1457 Water St Springfield, OR
- 64 Spyglass Ln Florence, OR
- 11672 Warbler Ln Ne Aurora, OR
- 11665 Lark Ct Ne Aurora, OR
- 14926 S Burkstrom Rd Oregon City, OR
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Oregon
Find A School
Browse all 1295 Schools in Oregon
- Jackson Elementary School
- (541) 842-3770
- 630 W Jackson St
- Medford, OR 97501
- Richardson Elementary School
- (541) 494-6700
- 200 W Pine St
- Central Point, OR 97502
- John C Fremont Middle School
- (541) 440-4055
- 850 W Keady Ct
- Roseburg, OR 97470
- Hazelbrook Middle School
- (503) 431-5100
- 11300 Sw Hazelbrook Rd
- Tualatin, OR 97062
- Bend Senior High School
- (541) 383-6290
- 230 Ne 6th St
- Bend, OR 97701
- North Douglas High School
- (541) 836-2222
- 305 S Main
- Drain, OR 97435
Sex Offender Information for Oregon
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Oregon, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: