I am considering buying a unit at the McKenzie Lofts. Does anyone know details about either the extent of the repairs needed on ... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: OREGON
Welcome to Oregon! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Oregon. Explore a map of Oregon, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Oregon zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
Spanish sailors in search of a northwest passage were the first Europeans to see what is known today as Oregon. Settlers traveling in wagon trains over the Oregon Trail in the 1840s followed the missionaries who had come in the 1830s. Oregon was admitted as the 33rd state in 1859. Oregon is a state of great natural beauty with places such as Crater Lake National Park and the Columbia River Gorge. Its mountains, covered in forests, make Oregon the leading state in the production of wood products. The state flower is the Oregon grape, and the capital is Salem. The origin of the state's name is unknown, but one theory holds that it may have come from the Wisconsin River, shown in a 1715 French map as "Ouaricon-sint." ...Read more here: Oregon - The Beaver State
- Capital City:
- Beaver State
- Alis Volat Propiis (She Flies With Her Own Wings)
- February 14, 1859 (33rd)
- Origin of State's Name:
- May have been derived from that of the Wisconsin River shown on a 1715 French map as "Ouaricon-sint."
- Largest Cities:
- Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham, Beaverton
- Border States:
- California, Idaho, Nevada, Washington
- Land Area:
- 96,003 sq. mi., 10th largest
- State Bird:
- Western Meadowlark
- State Flower:
- Oregon Grape (berberis aquifolium)
- State Tree:
- Douglas Fir (pseudotsuga menziesii)
- State Song:
- Oregon, My Oregon
Featured Community Websites in Oregon
Real Estate & Home Values in Oregon
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Oregon Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 1050 E 3 Rd St Arlington, OR
- 1543 E St Springfield, OR
- 18053 Antler Ave Sandy, OR
- 8505 Se 32nd Ave Milwaukie, OR
- 440 Ne Laddington Ct Portland, OR
- 1640 Se Holly St Portland, OR
- 1825 Sw Haskins Ct Troutdale, OR
- 83821 N Enterprise Rd Pleasant Hill, OR
- 704 Sw 14th St Troutdale, OR
- 704 Sw 14th St Troutdale, OR
- Dallas, TX
- Fontana, CA
The city of Fontana is flooded with citizens who illegally harass and spy on innocent citizens. They get paid, vacations, cars, ... more
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Oregon
Find A School
Browse all 1295 Schools in Oregon
- Walterville Elementary School
- (541) 744-6415
- 40589 Mckenzie Hwy
- Springfield, OR 97478
- Maple Elementary School
- (541) 744-6395
- 2109 J St
- Springfield, OR 97477
- Parkrose Middle School
- (503) 408-2700
- 11800 Ne Shaver St
- Portland, OR 97220
- Hanby Middle School
- (541) 494-6800
- 806 6th Ave
- Gold Hill, OR 97525
- School Of Pride
- (503) 916-5180
- 5210 N Kerby Ave
- Portland, OR 97217
- Gresham High School
- (503) 674-5500
- 1200 N Main Ave
- Gresham, OR 97030
Sex Offender Information for Oregon
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Oregon, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: