This is a story about Yvonne Marie Burlingame / purault and Troy Aaron Aldrich, My husband and waitress.... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: WASHINGTON
Welcome to Washington! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of Washington. Explore a map of Washington, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of Washington zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
In 1853, the Washington Territory was formed from part of the Oregon Territory. Named in honor of George Washington, Washington was the 42nd state to join the Union, in 1889. Its coastal location and Puget Sound harbors give it a leading role in trade with Alaska, Canada, and the Pacific Rim. The state has two major mountain ranges--the 7,000-foot Olympic Mountains surrounded by temperate rain forest on the peninsula west of Puget Sound, and the more majestic Cascade Range, which boasts the 14,410-foot Mount Rainier and the volcanic Mount St. Helens, which erupted twice in the 1980s. Although the capital is Olympia, most people live in the metropolitan areas of Seattle-Everett and Tacoma. The state tree of the "Evergreen State" is the western hemlock, and the flower is the western rhododendron. ...Read more here: Washington - The Evergreen State
- Capital City:
- Evergreen State
- Alki (By and By)
- November 11, 1889 (42nd)
- Origin of State's Name:
- Named after George Washington
- Largest Cities:
- Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Bellevue, Everett
- Border States:
- Idaho, Oregon
- Land Area:
- 66,582 sq. mi., 20th largest
- State Bird:
- Willow Goldfinch
- State Flower:
- Western Rhododendron (rhododendron macrophyllum)
- State Tree:
- Western Hemlock (tsuga heterophylla)
- State Song:
- Washington, My Home
Featured Community Websites in Washington
Real Estate & Home Values in Washington
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Search Foreclosures In Your Area
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 15906 Se 13th Cir Vancouver, WA
- 10412 12th Ave Ne Seattle, WA
- 21241 Se 258th St Maple Valley, WA
- 1225 N Felts Rd Spokane Valley, WA
- 1803 Se Briarwood Dr Vancouver, WA
- 7235 Ne 152nd Pl Kenmore, WA
- 15410 Se Greenpark St Vancouver, WA
- 1712 S Prospect St Tacoma, WA
- 10445 Marine View Dr Sw Seattle, WA
- 415 Sw 139th St Burien, WA
The Ballast Point Neighborhood Association will meet this Thursdayevening, June 4, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Joe Abrahams... more
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in Washington
Find A School
Browse all 2306 Schools in Washington
- Amistad Elementary School
- (509) 585-3410
- 930 West 4th Avenue
- Kennewick, WA 99336
- Pioneer Elementary
- (360) 474-8750
- 8213 Eaglefield Dr
- Arlington, WA 98223
- Colville Junior High School
- (509) 684-7820
- 990 S Cedar St
- Colville, WA 99114
- Kopachuck Middle School
- (253) 265-3392
- 10414 56th St Nw
- Gig Harbor, WA 98335
- Eagle Harbor High School
- (206) 780-1387
- 9530 Ne High School Rd
- Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- Riverside Opportunity Center
- (509) 464-8201
- 4120 E. Deer Park Milan Rd.
- Chattaroy, WA 99003
Sex Offender Information for Washington
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In Washington, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ml.waspc.org/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: