Not trying to spam here. I just think this service offers a great way to save a lot of money.... more
Set Up Your Free Website
Find Your Neighborhood or Organization
State Information: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Welcome to District of Columbia! Looking for local information? Take in hometown perspectives from individual neighborhood and HOA websites. Participate in community discussions, get instant real estate values, and view some great photos of District of Columbia. Explore a map of District of Columbia, learn about local schools, and review regional sex offender information. Find more resources with nearby cities and counties, and a list of District of Columbia zip codes. Want to connect with your community? Set up a free HOA or neighborhood website now!
District of Columbia Profile
Although New York City and Philadelphia each served briefly as the capital of the United States, in 1790, Congress chose the District of Columbia as the permanent seat of government. George Washington helped select the site for the city. Situated on the Potomac River, Washington, D.C., was originally carved out of land transferred from Maryland and Virginia (Virginia's portion south of the river was returned to that state in 1846). ...Read more here: Washington, DC
- July 16, 1790
- Land Area:
- 68.3 sq mi.
- Highest Point:
- 409 ft
- Official Bird:
- Wood Thrush
- Official Flower:
- American Beauty Rose
- Official Song:
- America the Beautiful
- Official Tree:
- Scarlet Oak
- D.C., or "the District"
- Border States:
- Virginia, Maryland
- Justitia Omnibus ("Justice for All")
- Origin of Name:
- "Columbia" is a poetic name for the United States, from Christopher Columbus' name
Featured Community Websites in District of Columbia
Real Estate & Home Values in District of Columbia
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Find All Foreclosures
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 502 24th St Ne Washington, DC
- 2939 Van Ness St Nw Washington, DC
- 2221 30th St Nw Washington, DC
- 2221 30th St Se Washington, DC
- 414 Longfellow St Nw Washington, DC
- 4008 2nd St Sw Washington, DC
- 1123 Orren St Ne Washington, DC
- 1133 Trinidad Ave Ne Washington, DC
- 426 19th St Ne Washington, DC
- 2413 E St Ne Washington, DC
The Ballast Point Neighborhood Association will meet this Thursdayevening, June 4, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at the Joe Abrahams... more
Cities, Counties, and Zip Codes in District of Columbia
District of Columbia Schools
Find A School
Browse all 230 Schools in District of Columbia
- Reed Elementary School
- (202) 673-7308
- 2200 Champlain St Nw
- Washington, DC 20009
- West Elementary School
- (202) 576-6226
- 1338 Farragut St Nw
- Washington, DC 20011
- Hart Middle School
- (202) 767-7077
- 601 Mississippi Ave Se
- Washington, DC 20032
- Browne Junior High School
- (202) 724-4547
- 850 26th St Ne
- Washington, DC 20002
- Dunbar High School
- (202) 672-7233
- 1301 New Jersey Ave Nw
- Washington, DC 20001
- Ballou High School
- (202) 767-7071
- 3401 4th St Se
- Washington, DC 20032
Sex Offender Information for District of Columbia
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In District of Columbia, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://mpdc.dc.gov/serv/sor/sor.shtm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: