Welcome to LOUISVILLE, KY 40205
40205 is a urban zip code in Louisville, Kentucky. The population is primarily white, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $225,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Louisville/Jefferson County metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $91,910/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 40205 earn an average of $50,536/year. Women earn only $29,653/year.
13,369 people in 40205 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 40205? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 18.0 minutes.
The median age here is 42. There are 11,215 men and 12,463 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 44.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,579 people (out of the 23,678 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 10,978 homes, and 570 businesses every day. 347 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
40205 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 38 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Adana, Turkey!) and -86 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 518 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 40205
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- *Love ,The Club, Its A Beautiful Thing, Inc.501C3*
- Actors Associates
- Belknap Neighborhood
- Bon Air Neighborhood Association
- Bonnycastle Homestead Association
- Camp Zachary Taylor
- Carolina Block Watch Association
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- City of Strathmoor Manor
- City of Wellington
- Deer Park Neighborhood
- Dreams with Wings, Inc.
- Families of the Accused
- First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Highland Commerce Guild
- Highlands Community Ministries
- Highlands-Douglass Neighborhood Association
- Immanuel United Church of Christ
- J. O. Blanton House Tenants Assoc. Inc.
- Jewish Family & Vocational Service, Inc.
- Joint Highlands Arbor Day
- Louisville Artisans Guild
- Louisville Metro Neighborhood Alliance
- O.P.E.N. Louisville
- Park Terrace Condominium Association
- River City HOA
- Seneca Gardens
- St. Matthews Area Business Association
- Strahmoore Village
- Strathmoor Village
- The Highland Vineyard
- United Crescent Hill Ministries
- Upper Highlands Neighborhood Association
- WRCC Expansion Team
- Warheim Park Association
- Week in the Highlands
- Women's Overseas Service League of Louisville
- Young Hearts Theatre
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Louisville, KY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Louisville, KY
Average Home Value in 40205: $225,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 23,678
- White Population: 22,611
- Black Population: 740
- Hispanic Population: 422
- Asian Population: 403
- Hawaiian Population: 15
- Indian Population: 133
- Male Population: 11,215
- Female Population: 12,463
- Median Age: 42
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 44
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Kentucky
- CSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County--Elizabethtown--Scottsburg, KY-IN
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County KY-IN
- County: Jefferson
- City: Louisville
- Longitude: -85.7
- Latitude: 38.2
- Elevation: 518 feet above sea level
- Area code: 502
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,973
- Drive alone: 11,267
- Carpool: 981
- Public transit: 305
- Ride bikes or walk: 347
- Average commute time: 18.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 306
- 5 - 9: 1,349
- 10 - 14: 2,765
- 15 - 19: 3,751
- 20 - 24: 2,672
- 25 - 29: 581
- 30 - 34: 829
- 35 - 39: 88
- 40 - 44: 78
- 45 - 59: 245
- 60 - 89: 174
- 90 plus: 135
- Average House Value: $225,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $67,720
- Businesses: 634
- Employees: 10,756
- Annual Payroll: $385,264,000
- Average Family Income: $91,910
- Median Family Income: $51,244
- Average Income for Men: $50,536
- Average Income for Women: $29,653
- Congressional District: 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 366.0
- Sr Senator: Rand Paul (R)
- Jr Senator: Mitch McConnell (R)
- US House Representative: John A. Yarmuth (D)
- County FIPS Code: 111
- State FIPS Code: 21
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 40205
Schools in 40205 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Hawthorne Elementary School
- 2301 Clarendon Ave
- Louisville, KY 40205
- (502) 485-8263
- Middle Schools
- Highland Middle School
- 1700 Norris Place
- Louisville, KY 40205
- (502) 485-8266
Photos near Zip Code 40205, Louisville, KY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 40205 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://kspsor.state.ky.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: