Welcome to CHARLOTTE, NC 28270
28270 is an affluent (median household income: $76,795) upscale urban zip code in Charlotte, North Carolina. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $286,100 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $110,619/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28270 earn an average of $76,571/year. Women earn only $31,964/year.
13,288 people in 28270 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28270? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 28.8 minutes.
The median age here is 38. There are 14,992 men and 16,533 women. The median age for men is 37 while for women the median age is 39.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,253 people (out of the 31,525 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 12,757 homes, and 285 businesses every day. 83 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28270 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kyoto, Japan!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 681 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28270
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Beverly Crest - Prescott II
- Beverly Crest - Prescott Place
- Beverly Crest Swim and Racquet Club
- Bishop's Ridge HOA
- Crofton HOA
- Crown Colony
- Dunedin Homeowners Assoc.
- Heritage Woods Neighborhood Association
- Huntington Property Owners Association
- Kuykendall Road HOA
- Lansdowne Civic League
- Mays Chapel Homeowners
- Newman Manor
- Oxford Hunt
- Providence Arbours HOA
- Providence Forest
- Providence Plantation
- Robinson Woods Steering Committee
- Sardis By The Park
- Sardis Forest HOA
- Sardis Oaks HOA
- Settlers Landing
- South Hall Homeowners Association
- Southeast Coalition of Neighborhoods
- St. George Place HOA
- The Enclave at Beverly Crest
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Charlotte, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Charlotte, NC
Average Home Value in 28270: $286,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 31,525
- White Population: 26,070
- Black Population: 3,289
- Hispanic Population: 1,866
- Asian Population: 1,838
- Hawaiian Population: 39
- Indian Population: 254
- Male Population: 14,992
- Female Population: 16,533
- Median Age: 38
- Median Age of Males: 37
- Median Age of Females: 39
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Mecklenburg
- City: Charlotte
- Longitude: -80.8
- Latitude: 35.1
- Elevation: 682 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 704
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,457
- Drive alone: 11,284
- Carpool: 905
- Public transit: 110
- Ride bikes or walk: 83
- Average commute time: 28.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 104
- 5 - 9: 655
- 10 - 14: 1,136
- 15 - 19: 1,572
- 20 - 24: 2,173
- 25 - 29: 1,231
- 30 - 34: 2,297
- 35 - 39: 572
- 40 - 44: 704
- 45 - 59: 1,338
- 60 - 89: 381
- 90 plus: 294
- Average House Value: $286,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $85,076
- Businesses: 602
- Employees: 6,061
- Annual Payroll: $237,577,000
- Average Family Income: $110,619
- Median Family Income: $76,795
- Average Income for Men: $76,571
- Average Income for Women: $31,964
- Congressional District: 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 990.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Robert Pittenger (R)
- County FIPS Code: 119
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28270
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 28270 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Lansdowne Elementary
- 6400 Prett Ct
- Charlotte, NC 28270
- (980) 343-6733
- Mckee Road Elementary
- 4101 Mckee Rd
- Charlotte, NC 28270
- (980) 343-3970
- High Schools
- Providence High
- 1800 Pineville Matthews Rd
- Charlotte, NC 28270
- (980) 343-5390
Photos near Zip Code 28270, Charlotte, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28270 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: