Welcome to CHARLOTTE, NC 28212
28212 is a urban zip code in Charlotte, North Carolina. The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Housing prices here (average $121,300) are fairly typical for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area.
The average family income here is $48,528/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 28212 is $43,620.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28212 earn an average of $28,748/year. Women earn only $23,278/year.
19,239 people in 28212 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28212? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 27.8 minutes.
The median age here is 30. There are 18,553 men and 19,904 women. The median age for men is 30 while for women the median age is 31.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,974 people (out of the 38,457 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 16,198 homes, and 692 businesses every day. 367 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28212 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kirkuk, Iraq!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 718 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28212
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Advenir Casa Blac
- Brighton Woods HOA
- Brittany Oaks HOA
- Cedars East
- Charlotte East Community Partners, Inc.
- Coventry Woods Neighborhood Assoc.
- Crab Orchard Neighborhood Assoc.
- East Forest HOA
- Easthaven Neighborhood Assoc.
- Family First Ministries
- Forest Ridge HOA
- Four Seasons HOA
- Fox Ridge Condominiums
- Heatherwood/Hickory Ridge 6B
- Idlewild Brook Subdivision
- Idlewild Farms Neighborhood Association
- Idlewild South Neighborhood Association
- JH Gunn Neighborhood Association
- MYLC - Charlotte
- McClintock Woods
- Meadow Oaks Resident's Org. (CHA)
- Parkview East
- Reflections One a Fox Ridge Community
- Sharon Forest Neighbors
- Valley Grove Association
- Vernedale Farms
- Wallace Lane Community Association
- Wallace Woods
- Woodberry Forest
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Charlotte, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Charlotte, NC
Average Home Value in 28212: $121,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 38,457
- White Population: 13,195
- Black Population: 17,657
- Hispanic Population: 10,775
- Asian Population: 1,632
- Hawaiian Population: 114
- Indian Population: 617
- Male Population: 18,553
- Female Population: 19,904
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 30
- Median Age of Females: 31
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Mecklenburg
- City: Charlotte
- Longitude: -80.7
- Latitude: 35.2
- Elevation: 719 feet above sea level
- Area code: 704/980
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 18,854
- Drive alone: 14,414
- Carpool: 3,311
- Public transit: 659
- Ride bikes or walk: 367
- Average commute time: 27.8 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 218
- 5 - 9: 1,096
- 10 - 14: 1,803
- 15 - 19: 2,598
- 20 - 24: 3,286
- 25 - 29: 1,345
- 30 - 34: 4,293
- 35 - 39: 694
- 40 - 44: 823
- 45 - 59: 1,552
- 60 - 89: 720
- 90 plus: 426
- Average House Value: $121,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $35,685
- Businesses: 583
- Employees: 7,212
- Annual Payroll: $271,404,000
- Average Family Income: $48,528
- Median Family Income: $37,151
- Average Income for Men: $28,748
- Average Income for Women: $23,278
- Congressional District: 08, 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 3282.0, 990.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Richard Hudson (R)
- County FIPS Code: 119
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28212
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 28212 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Albemarle Road Elementary
- 7800 Riding Trail Rd
- Charlotte, NC 28212
- (980) 343-6414
- Greenway Park Elementary
- 8301 Monroe Road
- Charlotte, NC 28212
- (980) 343-5060
- Idlewild Elementary
- 7101 Idlewild Rd
- Charlotte, NC 28212
- (980) 343-6411
- Piney Grove Elementary
- 8801 Eaglewind Dr
- Charlotte, NC 28212
- (980) 343-6470
Photos near Zip Code 28212, Charlotte, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28212 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: