Welcome to CHARLOTTE, NC 28226
28226 is an upscale urban zip code in Charlotte, North Carolina. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $286,500 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $124,030/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 28226 earn an average of $76,783/year. Women earn only $34,283/year.
18,848 people in 28226 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 28226? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 26.1 minutes.
The median age here is 40. There are 17,699 men and 19,587 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 42.
To give you a sense of the community, 16,677 people (out of the 37,286 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 16,885 homes, and 906 businesses every day. 110 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
28226 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 35 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kyoto, Japan!) and -81 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 594 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 28226
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Arbor Estates
- Bellmore Hall
- Canterbury Homeowners Association
- Carmel Chace
- Carmel Club Estates West
- Carmel Estates East HOA
- Carmel Forest Association
- Carmel Park Neighborhood Assoc.
- Carmel Presbyterian Church Weekday School
- Carmel Station Association
- Carmel Valley HOA
- Carson's Pond HOA
- Cherokee HOA
- Columbine Court Neighborhood Assoc.
- East Providence Estates
- Eleanore Height Residents Org.
- Giverny HOA
- Gladedale (CHA)
- Governor's Square Garden Club
- Governor's Square HOA
- Green Briar
- Grenelefe Village HOA, Inc.
- Greylyn Drive/Cedar Lane Neigh.
- Greylyn Neighbors
- Johnston Rd./McApine Neighborhood
- Kingswood Community Association
- Kiwanis Club of Pineville-South Meck
- Lynbridge-Oxford Park HOA
- Mammoth Oaks HOA
- Montibello Homeowners Association
- Mountainbrook Neighborhood
- Old Farm Subdivision
- Old Salem ~ Meredith Neighborhood Association
- Olde Providence Civic Association
- Oxford Park HOA
- Park Ridge
- Providence Estates (East)
- Providence Landing Atrium HOA
- Providence Springs Homeowners Association
- Providence Woods Civic Association
- Providence/Old Providence
- Quail View Homeowners Association
- Renaissance on Carmel HOA
- Rock Creek
- Rockbridge HOA
- Rosebank at Providence Springs
- Shadowlake Neighborhood Assoc.
- Southpark Coalition
- Stallworth Community Homeowner's Association
- Timberidge of Raintree
- Tuckaway Park
- Wessex Square HOA
- Wilora Lake Neighborhood
- Wilton Wood
- Winding Brook Civic Assoc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Charlotte, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Charlotte, NC
Average Home Value in 28226: $286,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 37,286
- White Population: 31,899
- Black Population: 2,860
- Hispanic Population: 2,705
- Asian Population: 1,794
- Hawaiian Population: 41
- Indian Population: 281
- Male Population: 17,699
- Female Population: 19,587
- Median Age: 40
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 42
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord NC-SC
- County: Mecklenburg
- City: Charlotte
- Longitude: -80.8
- Latitude: 35.1
- Elevation: 594 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 704
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 17,780
- Drive alone: 16,102
- Carpool: 1,329
- Public transit: 136
- Ride bikes or walk: 110
- Average commute time: 26.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 354
- 5 - 9: 1,051
- 10 - 14: 2,309
- 15 - 19: 2,338
- 20 - 24: 3,557
- 25 - 29: 1,629
- 30 - 34: 2,993
- 35 - 39: 719
- 40 - 44: 726
- 45 - 59: 1,409
- 60 - 89: 369
- 90 plus: 326
- Average House Value: $286,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $67,836
- Businesses: 1,064
- Employees: 12,212
- Annual Payroll: $500,739,000
- Average Family Income: $124,030
- Median Family Income: $68,636
- Average Income for Men: $76,783
- Average Income for Women: $34,283
- Congressional District: 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 990.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: Robert Pittenger (R)
- County FIPS Code: 119
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 28226
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 28226 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Olde Providence Elementary
- 3800 Rea Road
- Charlotte, NC 28226
- (980) 343-3755
- Middle Schools
- Carmel Middle
- 5001 Camilla Dr
- Charlotte, NC 28226
- (980) 343-6705
Photos near Zip Code 28226, Charlotte, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 28226 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: