Welcome to PORTLAND, OR 97202
97202 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Portland, Oregon. The population is primarily white, and mostly single. At $362,200 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $62,970/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 97202 is $51,968.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 97202 earn an average of $33,163/year. Women earn only $23,422/year.
20,859 people in 97202 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 97202? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.2 minutes.
The median age here is 36. There are 18,950 men and 19,812 women. The median age for men is 35 while for women the median age is 36.
To give you a sense of the community, 15,809 people (out of the 38,762 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 17,563 homes, and 1,425 businesses every day. 1,595 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
97202 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 45 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Belgrade, Serbia!) and -123 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 65 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 97202
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Brooklyn Neighborhood
- Hosford-Abernethy Neighborhood Development Association (HAND)
- Immanuel Lutheran Church
- Northwest Independent Baseball League
- Reed Neighborhood
- Richmond Neighborhood
- Sellwood Moreland Improvement League
- Sellwood United Methodist Church
- Southeast Indoor Park
- Tenth Church of Christ, Scientist
- Women Who Own Their Own Homes
- Women in Our 60's
- Woodstock Neighborhood Association
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Portland, OR
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Portland, OR
Average Home Value in 97202: $362,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 38,762
- White Population: 35,198
- Black Population: 1,196
- Hispanic Population: 2,034
- Asian Population: 2,476
- Hawaiian Population: 147
- Indian Population: 781
- Male Population: 18,950
- Female Population: 19,812
- Median Age: 36
- Median Age of Males: 35
- Median Age of Females: 36
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: Oregon
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton OR-WA
- County: Multnomah
- City: Portland
- Longitude: -122.6
- Latitude: 45.5
- Elevation: 66 feet above sea level
- Area code: 503
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 19,870
- Drive alone: 12,805
- Carpool: 2,148
- Public transit: 3,187
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,595
- Average commute time: 23.2 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 416
- 5 - 9: 1,313
- 10 - 14: 2,818
- 15 - 19: 3,633
- 20 - 24: 4,284
- 25 - 29: 1,739
- 30 - 34: 2,886
- 35 - 39: 325
- 40 - 44: 604
- 45 - 59: 974
- 60 - 89: 625
- 90 plus: 253
- Average House Value: $362,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $49,488
- Businesses: 1,229
- Employees: 14,226
- Annual Payroll: $514,945,000
- Average Family Income: $62,970
- Median Family Income: $39,879
- Average Income for Men: $33,163
- Average Income for Women: $23,422
- Congressional District: 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 1020.0
- Sr Senator: Ron Wyden (D)
- Jr Senator: Jeff Merkley (D)
- US House Representative: Earl Blumenauer (D)
- County FIPS Code: 051
- State FIPS Code: 41
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 97202
Schools in 97202 Zip Code
- Other Schools
- Cleveland High School
- 3400 Se 26th Ave
- Portland, OR 97202
- (503) 916-5120
- Duniway Elementary School
- 7700 Se Reed College Pl
- Portland, OR 97202
- (503) 916-6343
- Grout Elementary School
- 3119 Se Holgate Blvd
- Portland, OR 97202
- (503) 916-6209
Photos near Zip Code 97202, Portland, OR
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 97202 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: