Welcome to LOS ANGELES, CA 90013
90013 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Los Angeles, California. Median household income here ($8,855) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, older, and mostly single. Housing prices here (average $285,000) are fairly typical for the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area.
The average family income here is $43,465/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 90013 is $25,104.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 90013 earn an average of $18,353/year. Women earn only $17,447/year.
2,117 people in 90013 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 90013? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 90013 is 31.6 minutes!
The median age here is 45. There are 7,629 men and 4,143 women. The median age for men is 46 while for women the median age is 42.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,052 people (out of the 11,772 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 5,554 homes, and 2,275 businesses every day. 632 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
90013 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Beirut, Lebanon!) and -118 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 262 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 90013
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Los Angeles, CA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Los Angeles, CA
Average Home Value in 90013: $285,000
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 11,772
- White Population: 4,742
- Black Population: 4,022
- Hispanic Population: 2,409
- Asian Population: 2,030
- Hawaiian Population: 65
- Indian Population: 318
- Male Population: 7,629
- Female Population: 4,143
- Median Age: 45
- Median Age of Males: 46
- Median Age of Females: 42
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: California
- CSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana CA
- County: Los Angeles
- City: Los Angeles
- Longitude: -118.2
- Latitude: 34.0
- Elevation: 262 feet above sea level
- Area code: 213/310/323/805/818
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 1,993
- Drive alone: 646
- Carpool: 46
- Public transit: 594
- Ride bikes or walk: 632
- Average commute time: 31.6 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 78
- 5 - 9: 289
- 10 - 14: 179
- 15 - 19: 240
- 20 - 24: 229
- 25 - 29: 110
- 30 - 34: 346
- 35 - 39: 45
- 40 - 44: 52
- 45 - 59: 138
- 60 - 89: 143
- 90 plus: 144
- Average House Value: $285,000
- Average Annual Household Income: $16,284
- Businesses: 1,222
- Employees: 10,263
- Annual Payroll: $531,910,000
- Average Family Income: $43,465
- Median Family Income: $8,855
- Average Income for Men: $18,353
- Average Income for Women: $17,447
- Congressional District: 34
- Congressional District Land Area: 58.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara Boxer (D)
- Jr Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
- US House Representative: Xavier Becerra (D)
- County FIPS Code: 037
- State FIPS Code: 06
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 90013
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Photos near Zip Code 90013, Los Angeles, CA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 90013 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: