Welcome to LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
90012 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Los Angeles, California. Median household income here ($20,152) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $419,600 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $40,976/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 90012 is $23,038.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 90012 earn an average of $40,631/year. Women earn only $19,666/year.
6,470 people in 90012 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 90012? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 25.5 minutes.
The median age here is 36. There are 19,493 men and 11,610 women. The median age for men is 35 while for women the median age is 39.
To give you a sense of the community, 14,561 people (out of the 31,103 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 11,238 homes, and 2,312 businesses every day. 1,258 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
90012 Zip code is located in the Pacific time zone at 34 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Hiroshima, Japan!) and -118 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 313 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 90012
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Bunker Hill Tower Condo Assn.
- Centennial Terrace Condo Assn., Inc.
- Chinatown Alpine Hill Neighborhood Association
- Empower LA 2009
- Figueroa Terrace Owners Assn.
- Grand Avenue HOA
- LA Downtowners
- Los Angeles Tutoring
- Metropolitan Garden HOA
- The Promenade Owners Assn.
- The Promenade West Owners Assn.
- Tokyo Villa HOA, Inc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Los Angeles, CA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Los Angeles, CA
Average Home Value in 90012: $419,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 800 W 1st St APT 1304, Los Angeles, CA
- 1508 N Boylston St, Los Angeles, CA
- 942 Marview Ave # 4O2O, Los Angeles, CA
- 550 N Figueroa St APT 5104, Los Angeles, CA
- 930 Figueroa Ter APT 737, Los Angeles, CA
- 225 S Olive St APT 1502, Los Angeles, CA
- 816 New Depot St, Los Angeles, CA
- 526 Casanova St, Los Angeles, CA
- Total Population: 31,103
- White Population: 9,098
- Black Population: 4,466
- Hispanic Population: 8,426
- Asian Population: 14,085
- Hawaiian Population: 107
- Indian Population: 326
- Male Population: 19,493
- Female Population: 11,610
- Median Age: 36
- Median Age of Males: 35
- Median Age of Females: 39
- Region: West
- Division: Pacific
- State: California
- CSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, CA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana CA
- County: Los Angeles
- City: Los Angeles
- Longitude: -118.2
- Latitude: 34.1
- Elevation: 314 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 213/310/323/818
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 6,271
- Drive alone: 3,198
- Carpool: 788
- Public transit: 930
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,258
- Average commute time: 25.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 89
- 5 - 9: 597
- 10 - 14: 1,021
- 15 - 19: 1,030
- 20 - 24: 887
- 25 - 29: 267
- 30 - 34: 1,189
- 35 - 39: 189
- 40 - 44: 152
- 45 - 59: 371
- 60 - 89: 343
- 90 plus: 136
- Average House Value: $419,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $25,028
- Businesses: 1,260
- Employees: 24,402
- Annual Payroll: $1,046,963,000
- Average Family Income: $40,976
- Median Family Income: $20,152
- Average Income for Men: $40,631
- Average Income for Women: $19,666
- Congressional District: 31, 34
- Congressional District Land Area: 39.0, 58.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara Boxer (D)
- Jr Senator: Dianne Feinstein (D)
- US House Representative: Gary G. Miller (R)
- County FIPS Code: 037
- State FIPS Code: 06
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 90012
Schools in 90012 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Ann Street Elementary
- 126 East Bloom St.
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- (323) 221-3194
- Castelar Street Elementary
- 840 Yale St.
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- (213) 626-3674
- Solano Avenue Elementary
- 615 Solano Ave.
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- (323) 223-4291
Photos near Zip Code 90012, Los Angeles, CA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 90012 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaimer.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: