Welcome to SAN ANTONIO, TX 78253
78253 is a rural zip code in San Antonio, Texas. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $178,200 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the San Antonio metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $72,377/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 78253 earn an average of $42,007/year. Women earn only $24,814/year.
4,700 people in 78253 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 78253? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 29.4 minutes.
The median age here is 32. There are 14,223 men and 14,784 women. The median age for men is 32 while for women the median age is 33.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,682 people (out of the 29,007 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 13,294 homes, and 175 businesses every day. 14 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
78253 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 29 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kuwait City, Kuwait!) and -99 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 952 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78253
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Caracol Creek/Heights Community
- Gardens At Guilbeau Park Neighbors
- North San Antonio Hills Homeowners Association
- Quail Meadow Neighbors
- RedBird Ranch
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in San Antonio, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in San Antonio, TX
Average Home Value in 78253: $178,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 29,007
- White Population: 23,132
- Black Population: 3,010
- Hispanic Population: 12,961
- Asian Population: 1,442
- Hawaiian Population: 133
- Indian Population: 388
- Male Population: 14,223
- Female Population: 14,784
- Median Age: 32
- Median Age of Males: 32
- Median Age of Females: 33
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: San Antonio TX
- County: Bexar
- City: San Antonio
- Longitude: -98.7
- Latitude: 29.5
- Elevation: 953 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 210
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 4,595
- Drive alone: 3,804
- Carpool: 733
- Public transit: 0
- Ride bikes or walk: 14
- Average commute time: 29.4 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 16
- 5 - 9: 174
- 10 - 14: 304
- 15 - 19: 505
- 20 - 24: 884
- 25 - 29: 459
- 30 - 34: 1,158
- 35 - 39: 246
- 40 - 44: 224
- 45 - 59: 417
- 60 - 89: 120
- 90 plus: 88
- Average House Value: $178,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $82,940
- Businesses: 217
- Employees: 2,940
- Annual Payroll: $56,897,000
- Average Family Income: $72,377
- Median Family Income: $60,524
- Average Income for Men: $42,007
- Average Income for Women: $24,814
- Congressional District: 23
- Congressional District Land Area: 48455.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Pete P. Gallego (D)
- County FIPS Code: 029
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78253
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 78253 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Galm Es
- 1454 Saxon Hill Dr
- San Antonio, TX 78253
- (210) 397-1150
- Ott Es
- 100 N Grosenbacher
- San Antonio, TX 78253
- (210) 397-5550
- Potranco Elementary
- 190 Cr 381 S
- San Antonio, TX 78253
- (830) 538-9310
Photos near Zip Code 78253, San Antonio, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78253 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: