Welcome to SAN ANTONIO, TX 78242
78242 is a urban zip code in San Antonio, Texas. Median household income here ($27,556) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, younger, and mostly married couples. The average house value here ($68,200) is lower than in the San Antonio metro area as a whole, so this could be a great place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $35,012/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 78242 is $29,335.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 78242 earn an average of $22,032/year. Women earn only $14,581/year.
9,491 people in 78242 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 78242? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 28.0 minutes.
The median age here is 27. There are 15,414 men and 15,981 women. The median age for men is 26 while for women the median age is 28.
To give you a sense of the community, 15,106 people (out of the 31,395 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 9,278 homes, and 153 businesses every day. 115 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
78242 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 29 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Kuwait City, Kuwait!) and -99 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 666 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78242
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in San Antonio, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in San Antonio, TX
Average Home Value in 78242: $68,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 31,395
- White Population: 23,392
- Black Population: 1,207
- Hispanic Population: 27,266
- Asian Population: 340
- Hawaiian Population: 67
- Indian Population: 524
- Male Population: 15,414
- Female Population: 15,981
- Median Age: 27
- Median Age of Males: 26
- Median Age of Females: 28
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: San Antonio TX
- County: Bexar
- City: San Antonio
- Longitude: -98.6
- Latitude: 29.4
- Elevation: 666 feet above sea level
- Area code: 210
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 9,387
- Drive alone: 6,833
- Carpool: 1,909
- Public transit: 352
- Ride bikes or walk: 115
- Average commute time: 28.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 107
- 5 - 9: 385
- 10 - 14: 876
- 15 - 19: 1,569
- 20 - 24: 1,640
- 25 - 29: 690
- 30 - 34: 2,040
- 35 - 39: 321
- 40 - 44: 217
- 45 - 59: 931
- 60 - 89: 379
- 90 plus: 232
- Average House Value: $68,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $33,883
- Businesses: 91
- Employees: 785
- Annual Payroll: $12,457,000
- Average Family Income: $35,012
- Median Family Income: $27,556
- Average Income for Men: $22,032
- Average Income for Women: $14,581
- Congressional District: 20, 23
- Congressional District Land Area: 183.0, 48455.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Joaquin Castro (D)
- County FIPS Code: 029
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78242
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 78242 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Five Palms Elementary
- 7138 Five Palms Dr
- San Antonio, TX 78242
- (210) 645-3850
- Frank Madla El
- 6100 Royalgate Dr
- San Antonio, TX 78242
- (210) 645-3800
- Neil Armstrong El
- 7111 Apple Vly Dr
- San Antonio, TX 78242
- (210) 623-8787
Photos near Zip Code 78242, San Antonio, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78242 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: