Welcome to SAN ANTONIO, TX 78226
78226 is a urban zip code in San Antonio, Texas. Median household income here ($27,182) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. The average house value here ($62,200) is lower than in the San Antonio metro area as a whole, so this could be a great place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $34,995/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 78226 is $29,222.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 78226 earn an average of $23,286/year. Women earn only $15,432/year.
3,562 people in 78226 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 78226? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 21.5 minutes.
The median age here is 33. There are 3,114 men and 3,534 women. The median age for men is 31 while for women the median age is 34.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,970 people (out of the 6,648 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 2,571 homes, and 212 businesses every day. 153 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
78226 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 29 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Delhi, India!) and -99 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 673 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 78226
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in San Antonio, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in San Antonio, TX
Average Home Value in 78226: $62,200
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 6,648
- White Population: 5,032
- Black Population: 101
- Hispanic Population: 6,238
- Asian Population: 59
- Hawaiian Population: 15
- Indian Population: 85
- Male Population: 3,114
- Female Population: 3,534
- Median Age: 33
- Median Age of Males: 31
- Median Age of Females: 34
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: San Antonio TX
- County: Bexar
- City: San Antonio
- Longitude: -98.5
- Latitude: 29.4
- Elevation: 673 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 210
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 3,548
- Drive alone: 2,397
- Carpool: 746
- Public transit: 214
- Ride bikes or walk: 153
- Average commute time: 21.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 146
- 5 - 9: 457
- 10 - 14: 580
- 15 - 19: 752
- 20 - 24: 567
- 25 - 29: 142
- 30 - 34: 490
- 35 - 39: 39
- 40 - 44: 79
- 45 - 59: 139
- 60 - 89: 72
- 90 plus: 85
- Average House Value: $62,200
- Average Annual Household Income: $27,292
- Businesses: 120
- Employees: 5,747
- Annual Payroll: $352,054,000
- Average Family Income: $34,995
- Median Family Income: $27,182
- Average Income for Men: $23,286
- Average Income for Women: $15,432
- Congressional District: 23, 20
- Congressional District Land Area: 48455.0, 183.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Pete P. Gallego (D)
- County FIPS Code: 029
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 78226
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 78226 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- George E Kelly El
- 1026 Thompson Pl
- San Antonio, TX 78226
- (210) 223-6962
- Winston Elementary School
- 2525 S General Mcmullen Dr
- San Antonio, TX 78226
- (210) 444-8450
- Middle Schools
- Brentwood Middle School
- 1626 Thompson Pl
- San Antonio, TX 78226
- (210) 444-7675
Photos near Zip Code 78226, San Antonio, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 78226 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: