Welcome to HOUSTON, TX 77036
77036 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Houston, Texas. Median household income here ($26,931) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. Housing prices here (average $116,400) are fairly typical for the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown metro area.
The average family income here is $38,014/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 77036 is $28,068.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 77036 earn an average of $24,677/year. Women earn only $18,815/year.
32,303 people in 77036 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 77036? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 29.1 minutes.
The median age here is 30. There are 38,001 men and 33,968 women. The median age for men is 29 while for women the median age is 30.
To give you a sense of the community, 21,620 people (out of the 71,969 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 28,564 homes, and 4,260 businesses every day. 1,154 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
77036 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Lhasa, Tibet!) and -96 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 71 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 77036
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Dun Huang Plaza Association Inc.
- Neighbors of Windwater Village
- New Braeswood Revitalization Association
- Sharpstown Civic Association, Inc.
- Sharpstown School of Skating
- South Houston 411
- Sussex Council of Co-Owners
- Townhomes on the Park - Sharpstown
- Westwood Patio Homes HOA
- Westwood So HOA
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Houston, TX
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Houston, TX
Average Home Value in 77036: $116,400
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 71,969
- White Population: 31,172
- Black Population: 12,916
- Hispanic Population: 42,601
- Asian Population: 10,748
- Hawaiian Population: 204
- Indian Population: 1,287
- Male Population: 38,001
- Female Population: 33,968
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 29
- Median Age of Females: 30
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Texas
- CSA Name: Houston-Baytown-Huntsville, TX
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown TX
- County: Harris
- City: Houston
- Longitude: -95.5
- Latitude: 29.7
- Elevation: 72 feet above sea level
- Area code: 281/713/832
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 31,702
- Drive alone: 20,484
- Carpool: 6,507
- Public transit: 3,204
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,154
- Average commute time: 29.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 405
- 5 - 9: 1,719
- 10 - 14: 3,582
- 15 - 19: 5,105
- 20 - 24: 4,958
- 25 - 29: 1,750
- 30 - 34: 7,012
- 35 - 39: 640
- 40 - 44: 1,123
- 45 - 59: 2,698
- 60 - 89: 1,621
- 90 plus: 1,089
- Average House Value: $116,400
- Average Annual Household Income: $28,450
- Businesses: 2,489
- Employees: 32,116
- Annual Payroll: $1,176,218,000
- Average Family Income: $38,014
- Median Family Income: $26,931
- Average Income for Men: $24,677
- Average Income for Women: $18,815
- Congressional District: 09, 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 153.0, 197.0
- Sr Senator: John Cornyn (R)
- Jr Senator: Ted Cruz (R)
- US House Representative: Al Green (D)
- County FIPS Code: 201
- State FIPS Code: 48
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 77036
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 77036 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Best El
- 10000 Centre Pkwy
- Houston, TX 77036
- (713) 988-6445
- Bush El
- 9730 Stroud Dr
- Houston, TX 77036
- (713) 272-3220
- Collins Elementary
- 9829 Town Park Dr
- Houston, TX 77036
- (713) 272-3250
- Neff El
- 8200 Carvel Ln
- Houston, TX 77036
- (713) 778-3470
Photos near Zip Code 77036, Houston, TX
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 77036 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/index.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: