Welcome to BATON ROUGE, LA 70810
70810 is a suburban zip code in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $217,500 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Baton Rouge metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $89,041/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 70810 earn an average of $55,611/year. Women earn only $26,394/year.
15,016 people in 70810 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 70810? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 22.1 minutes.
The median age here is 34. There are 18,467 men and 19,513 women. The median age for men is 32 while for women the median age is 36.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,298 people (out of the 37,980 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 16,681 homes, and 1,000 businesses every day. 79 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
70810 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 30 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Asyut, Egypt!) and -91 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 36 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 70810
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Baton Rouge, LA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Baton Rouge, LA
Average Home Value in 70810: $217,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 37,980
- White Population: 23,560
- Black Population: 12,112
- Hispanic Population: 2,165
- Asian Population: 1,877
- Hawaiian Population: 25
- Indian Population: 207
- Male Population: 18,467
- Female Population: 19,513
- Median Age: 34
- Median Age of Males: 32
- Median Age of Females: 36
- Region: South
- Division: West South Central
- State: Louisiana
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Baton Rouge LA
- County: East Baton Rouge
- City: Baton Rouge
- Longitude: -91.1
- Latitude: 30.4
- Elevation: 37 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 225
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 14,665
- Drive alone: 12,643
- Carpool: 1,752
- Public transit: 129
- Ride bikes or walk: 79
- Average commute time: 22.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 229
- 5 - 9: 1,269
- 10 - 14: 1,823
- 15 - 19: 3,329
- 20 - 24: 3,239
- 25 - 29: 1,194
- 30 - 34: 2,107
- 35 - 39: 228
- 40 - 44: 165
- 45 - 59: 553
- 60 - 89: 296
- 90 plus: 233
- Average House Value: $217,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $73,460
- Businesses: 973
- Employees: 19,503
- Annual Payroll: $788,793,000
- Average Family Income: $89,041
- Median Family Income: $55,734
- Average Income for Men: $55,611
- Average Income for Women: $26,394
- Congressional District: 06
- Congressional District Land Area: 3075.0
- Sr Senator: David Vitter (R)
- Jr Senator: Mary L. Landrieu (D)
- US House Representative: Bill Cassidy (R)
- County FIPS Code: 033
- State FIPS Code: 22
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 70810
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 70810 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Mayfair Elementary School
- 9880 Hyacinth Avenue
- Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- (225) 766-4377
- Wildwood Elementary School
- 444 Halfway Tree Road
- Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- (225) 766-6002
- Middle Schools
- Staring Education Center
- 1919 Staring Lane
- Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- (225) 767-1477
Photos near Zip Code 70810, Baton Rouge, LA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 70810 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/socpr/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: