Welcome to CHICAGO, IL 60611
60611 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Chicago, Illinois. The population is primarily white, and mostly single. At $534,000 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Chicago-Naperville-Joliet metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $205,426/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 60611 earn an average of $118,424/year. Women earn only $53,674/year.
16,916 people in 60611 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 60611? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.7 minutes.
The median age here is 40. There are 13,104 men and 15,614 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 40.
To give you a sense of the community, 9,836 people (out of the 28,718 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 24,057 homes, and 2,280 businesses every day. 5,265 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
60611 Zip code is located in the Central time zone at 42 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Skopje, Macedonia!) and -88 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 589 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 60611
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Chicago, IL
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Chicago, IL
Average Home Value in 60611: $534,000
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 28,718
- White Population: 22,989
- Black Population: 1,381
- Hispanic Population: 1,396
- Asian Population: 4,501
- Hawaiian Population: 33
- Indian Population: 91
- Male Population: 13,104
- Female Population: 15,614
- Median Age: 40
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 40
- Region: Midwest
- Division: East North Central
- State: Illinois
- CSA Name: Chicago-Naperville-Michigan City, IL-IN-WI
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Chicago-Naperville-Joliet IL-IN-WI
- County: Cook
- City: Chicago
- Longitude: -87.6
- Latitude: 41.9
- Elevation: 589 feet above sea level
- Area code: 312/773
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 15,926
- Drive alone: 4,687
- Carpool: 949
- Public transit: 4,880
- Ride bikes or walk: 5,265
- Average commute time: 23.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 296
- 5 - 9: 1,756
- 10 - 14: 2,885
- 15 - 19: 3,090
- 20 - 24: 2,543
- 25 - 29: 904
- 30 - 34: 1,661
- 35 - 39: 347
- 40 - 44: 531
- 45 - 59: 788
- 60 - 89: 743
- 90 plus: 382
- Average House Value: $534,000
- Average Annual Household Income: $85,583
- Businesses: 2,800
- Employees: 70,743
- Annual Payroll: $4,256,346,000
- Average Family Income: $205,426
- Median Family Income: $69,889
- Average Income for Men: $118,424
- Average Income for Women: $53,674
- Congressional District: 05, 07, 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 56.0, 56.0, 75.0
- Sr Senator: Mark Kirk (R)
- Jr Senator: Richard J. Durbin (D)
- US House Representative: Mike Quigley (D)
- County FIPS Code: 031
- State FIPS Code: 17
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 60611
Schools in 60611 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Galapagos Elem Charter School
- 3814 W Iowa
- Chicago, IL 60611
- (773) 384-9400
Photos near Zip Code 60611, Chicago, IL
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 60611 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: