Welcome to LOUISVILLE, KY 40223
40223 is a suburban zip code in Louisville, Kentucky. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $245,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Louisville/Jefferson County metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $99,086/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 40223 earn an average of $62,125/year. Women earn only $29,670/year.
11,227 people in 40223 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 40223? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 21.5 minutes.
The median age here is 42. There are 10,427 men and 11,584 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 44.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,689 people (out of the 22,011 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 9,847 homes, and 1,097 businesses every day. 110 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
40223 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 38 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Athens, Greece!) and -86 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 692 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 40223
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Ballard High School Choir
- Berrytown/Griffytown Improvement Organization
- CITY OF WILDWOOD
- City of Bellemeade
- City of Meadowbrook Farm
- City of Moorland
- City of Sycamore
- Colonial Woods Home Owners Association
- Dorsey Station Condo Association
- Eastern Area Community Ministries
- Eastgate Village Estates Home Owners Association
- Foxboro Neighborhood Association
- Indian Creek Community Association
- Jeffersontown Chamber of Commerce
- Kentuckiana Mended Hearts
- Louisville Web Solutions
- Lyndon Area Business Association
- Middletown Chamber of Commerce
- Old Dorsey Place
- The Gardens At Dorsey Homeowners Association
- Winchester Community Association, Inc.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Louisville, KY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Louisville, KY
Average Home Value in 40223: $245,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 22,011
- White Population: 18,907
- Black Population: 2,129
- Hispanic Population: 920
- Asian Population: 773
- Hawaiian Population: 41
- Indian Population: 139
- Male Population: 10,427
- Female Population: 11,584
- Median Age: 42
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 44
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Kentucky
- CSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County--Elizabethtown--Scottsburg, KY-IN
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County KY-IN
- County: Jefferson
- City: Louisville
- Longitude: -85.5
- Latitude: 38.3
- Elevation: 692 feet above sea level
- Area code: 502
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 10,878
- Drive alone: 9,666
- Carpool: 961
- Public transit: 80
- Ride bikes or walk: 110
- Average commute time: 21.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 270
- 5 - 9: 1,161
- 10 - 14: 1,915
- 15 - 19: 1,771
- 20 - 24: 1,917
- 25 - 29: 1,175
- 30 - 34: 1,577
- 35 - 39: 199
- 40 - 44: 277
- 45 - 59: 306
- 60 - 89: 132
- 90 plus: 178
- Average House Value: $245,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $68,551
- Businesses: 1,061
- Employees: 24,777
- Annual Payroll: $1,449,892,000
- Average Family Income: $99,086
- Median Family Income: $60,973
- Average Income for Men: $62,125
- Average Income for Women: $29,670
- Congressional District: 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 366.0
- Sr Senator: Rand Paul (R)
- Jr Senator: Mitch McConnell (R)
- US House Representative: John A. Yarmuth (D)
- County FIPS Code: 111
- State FIPS Code: 21
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 40223
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 40223 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Anchorage Public Elementary School
- 11400 Ridge Rd
- Anchorage, KY 40223
- (502) 245-2121
- Other Schools
- Bellwood Presbyterian Home For Children
- 11103 Park Rd
- Anchorage, KY 40223
- (502) 244-4439
- Maryhurst Alternative School
- 1015 Dorsey Ln
- Louisville, KY 40223
- (502) 245-1576
Photos near Zip Code 40223, Louisville, KY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 40223 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://kspsor.state.ky.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: