Welcome to LOUISVILLE, KY 40241
40241 is a suburban zip code in Louisville, Kentucky. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $236,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Louisville/Jefferson County metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $99,502/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 40241 earn an average of $65,625/year. Women earn only $29,649/year.
12,779 people in 40241 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 40241? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 23.5 minutes.
The median age here is 41. There are 13,907 men and 15,081 women. The median age for men is 39 while for women the median age is 42.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,250 people (out of the 28,988 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 12,819 homes, and 611 businesses every day. 104 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
40241 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 38 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Adana, Turkey!) and -86 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 588 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 40241
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Ashley Woods
- Barbour Manor
- Bay Colony Homeowners Association
- Brooks of Hickory Hollow
- Brownhurst Manor HOA
- Brownsboro Farm
- Brownsboro Woods Homeowners Association
- Cedar Park Neighborhood Block Watch
- City of Fincastle
- City of Green Spring
- City of Hickory Hill
- City of Manor Creek, KY
- City of Spring Valley
- City of Ten Broeck
- Cliffwood / Spring Valley
- Craigs Creek HOA
- Eagles Cove Homeowners Association
- Eastern Area Community Ministries
- Falls Creek
- Graystone Manor
- Helping Hands Healing Ministries, Inc.
- Kling Chamber Orchestra
- Middletown Chamber of Commerce
- Park Place Owners Association
- Shadowood Townhomes
- Silver Creek HOA
- Summit Ridge Community Association
- The Woods of St. Thomas
- Westport Area Business Association
- Willow Creek HOA
- Willow Creek Neighborhood Watch
- Wolf Creek Community Association, INC.
- Worthington Place
- Wyndham Place
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Louisville, KY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Louisville, KY
Average Home Value in 40241: $236,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 28,988
- White Population: 23,675
- Black Population: 3,154
- Hispanic Population: 1,113
- Asian Population: 2,137
- Hawaiian Population: 29
- Indian Population: 188
- Male Population: 13,907
- Female Population: 15,081
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 39
- Median Age of Females: 42
- Region: South
- Division: East South Central
- State: Kentucky
- CSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County--Elizabethtown--Scottsburg, KY-IN
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Louisville/Jefferson County KY-IN
- County: Jefferson
- City: Louisville
- Longitude: -85.6
- Latitude: 38.3
- Elevation: 589 feet above sea level
- Area code: 502
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,403
- Drive alone: 11,303
- Carpool: 844
- Public transit: 102
- Ride bikes or walk: 104
- Average commute time: 23.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 266
- 5 - 9: 943
- 10 - 14: 1,512
- 15 - 19: 2,012
- 20 - 24: 3,066
- 25 - 29: 1,412
- 30 - 34: 1,980
- 35 - 39: 230
- 40 - 44: 154
- 45 - 59: 292
- 60 - 89: 262
- 90 plus: 274
- Average House Value: $236,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $80,538
- Businesses: 636
- Employees: 10,111
- Annual Payroll: $302,325,000
- Average Family Income: $99,502
- Median Family Income: $67,211
- Average Income for Men: $65,625
- Average Income for Women: $29,649
- Congressional District: 03, 04
- Congressional District Land Area: 366.0, 5678.0
- Sr Senator: Rand Paul (R)
- Jr Senator: Mitch McConnell (R)
- US House Representative: John A. Yarmuth (D)
- County FIPS Code: 111
- State FIPS Code: 21
Schools in 40241 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Malcolm B Chancey, Jr. Elementary School
- 4301 Murphy Ln
- Louisville, KY 40241
- (502) 485-8387
- Norton Elementary School
- 8101 Brownsboro Road
- Louisville, KY 40241
- (502) 485-8308
- Zachary Taylor Elementary School
- 9620 Westport Road
- Louisville, KY 40241
- (502) 485-8336
Photos near Zip Code 40241, Louisville, KY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 40241 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://kspsor.state.ky.us. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: